Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Porsche Cayman Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #1

Garage
987 Cayman S exhaust

hey guys!
i have 06' 987 Cayman S, with the stock exhaust, and i'm wondering, if i buy a 981 Cayman S's exhaust system, would it fit, on my cayman? and what about the sound? how big difference is between the two car's engine, on this field? cuz both are 3,4l flat six.
thanks!

csibuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:30 PM   #2

I can only describe the exhaust note in one word: glorious. CS sounds like a race car now. Lots of low-end burbling and rumbling when laying off the throttle. And getting a lot of deep pops on upshifts AND downshifts when the computer blips the throttle to revmatch. To my surprise some of the pops are quite loud, not as loud as a backfire but very prominent. Everything is just more pronounced with this new exhaust compared to the 987.2.
sanufdutta16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #3

I wasn't aware that those two exhaust were interchangeable. Could be wrong and maybe its just the after market exhaust.