986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   986 Tiptronic Emergency Run, please help (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/83398-986-tiptronic-emergency-run-please-help.html)

indoboxster 05-10-2023 02:30 AM

986 Tiptronic Emergency Run, please help

Hi all

i just bought 2004 986 boxster 2.7, and right now the "tiptronic emergency run" warning always showing up.

when first i bought the car, the "tiptronic emergency run" sometimes show when i'm driving in the middle of traffic and when i am free from the traffic to restart the car the warning goes off. So i took it to local porsche workshop and ask about it, they said i need Transmission switch replacement and some fluid change so i do the transmission switch replacement and transmission fluid also.

after couple a days out the shop the car is fine no warning showing up, and yesterday the warning comes up again even when i first started it and this time the gear change feels rough

i already restart the car and disconnect the battery also, but the warning stand still

is anybody here ever had an issue like this? please help

sorry for my bad english, hope you guys understand what i said

thanks

Starter986 05-10-2023 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indoboxster (Post 653132)
Hi all

i just bought 2004 986 boxster 2.7, and right now the "tiptronic emergency run" warning always showing up.

when first i bought the car, the "tiptronic emergency run" sometimes show when i'm driving in the middle of traffic and when i am free from the traffic to restart the car the warning goes off. So i took it to local porsche workshop and ask about it, they said i need Transmission switch replacement and some fluid change so i do the transmission switch replacement and transmission fluid also.

after couple a days out the shop the car is fine no warning showing up, and yesterday the warning comes up again even when i first started it and this time the gear change feels rough

i already restart the car and disconnect the battery also, but the warning stand still

thanks

I'm going to assume you've got Google in Jakarta... here:

Google: tiptronic emergency run

You'll find A LOT, PLENTY, of information associated with that problem. You'll be better prepared to tackle it yourself, or at least keep your mechanic hone.

Good luck. :cheers:

The Radium King 05-10-2023 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indoboxster (Post 653132)
Hi all

thanks

welcome to the forum. apologies for the other response, it seems every forum has trolls like that who think they are contributing to the conversation by yelling at new members to use the search function.

anyways, i know nothing about tiptronic transmissions and only dropped in to let you know that someone who actually can help will most likely post shortly. hopefully; the board has been pretty slow since the trolls drove away new and old members alike ...

Starter986 05-10-2023 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Radium King (Post 653145)
welcome to the forum. apologies for the other response, it seems every forum has trolls like that who think they are contributing to the conversation by yelling at new members to use the search function.

anyways, i know nothing about tiptronic transmissions and only dropped in to let you know that someone who actually can help will most likely post shortly. hopefully; the board has been pretty slow since the trolls drove away new and old members alike ...

Lighten up. Not everyone has the same sparkling personality as you.

I contribute when I have knowledge about a challenge faced by a member. My "contributions", as technically limited they can be, are inspired by the many, many posts I read on this forum. I don't know as much as certain of our members (I know you know a lot)... you're one of them. If I suggest a "fix", it's only because I've been there.

I wasn't so much "contributing" to the inquiry so much as trying, in a dry humor way, to encourage the OP to employ a proven method of discovery. That's why Google was invented. No?

Have a great day. Seriously.