Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2004, 08:21 AM   #1
b0xt0La

windows won't go up!

I rolled down the windows yesterday and they refuse to come back up. When I push the button down I hear the motor working but not when I push it up. Is it a fuse problem?

Alienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 03:53 AM   #2

hey did you get this worked out? I could be wrong but it sounds like one of your relays might have blown. let us know what happens with this.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:40 AM   #3
b0xt0La

I posted a possible fix from the 986faq.com site but I don't see the post so here it is again:

http://www.986faq.com/10-0/problems.asp#002

jfmillr
I haven't worked it out yet but I will try the solution above today. Do you have any suggestions?
Old 02-04-2004, 09:42 AM   #4
Forum Contributor

This happened to me a few months back..Actually the windows just suddenly came down. I could roll them down but not back up. it was the switch for the covertable top. If you poke your finger in the spot where the top locks in and the press the window switch and they go up. thats probably the problem.

This fixed it for about a month, then it jsut kept happening at very odd moments. My mechanic said that sometimes it just needs to be tweeked at the link you posted said, but in my case I finally replaced the switch total about $90 I think. My mechanic did something to it as well so that even if the switch went out again, the windows wouldnt keep going down on me.

no problems since
kimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 02:21 PM   #5
b0xt0La

Thanks kimber. Everything went back to normal when I pressed the switch in the convertible top. Can you get me more details of what your mechanic did? What switch did you replace?
Old 02-07-2004, 02:35 PM   #6

This is the switch I think you are talking about. But it starts to go bad you will not hear the window motors.

Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #7

I'm experiencing the same thing. The windows went down, now they wont go up. I hear nothing when I press the convertible top micro switch. is there a way to jumper the switch? or could it be something else?
doli3415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 02:09 PM   #8

Windows won’t go up

Same thing is happening to my ‘98 Boxter.
Does anyone know the part number for the switch?
Thanks.

P&E’s Boxter is offline   Reply With Quote