Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2021, 03:11 PM   #1
Veteran & Boxster Padawan

Question Reviews on newer CW exhaust?

Hello,

Has anyone installed and have a review of the newer version CW exhaust?

Saw online today these costs more that previous version but cheaper than Borla - trying to decide... seeking a nice deep rumble nothing too loud for weekend rides

Farmlifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 03:40 PM   #2
Veteran & Boxster Padawan

No feedback out there on this “version 2.0” exhaust?

Looks like they modified with an X wonder if it helps with reported drone? Looks a little more like the Fabspeed exhaust temped to try these out for the >$500 price...
Old 04-18-2021, 05:57 PM   #3
1998 Boxster Owner

Not happy with my cheap ebay exhaust - so I just ordered the new CW exhaust. Just a suggestion anyone interested order directly from CW website it will save you some change v.s ordering from their Ebay store. Total was $435.00 shipped to California. Ebay checkout was $480.00 shipped. Taxes was added.
Benitom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benitom View Post
Not happy with my cheap ebay exhaust - so I just ordered the new CW exhaust. Just a suggestion anyone interested order directly from CW website it will save you some change v.s ordering from their Ebay store. Total was $435.00 shipped to California. Ebay checkout was $480.00 shipped. Taxes was added.
Looking for comments of the drone (yes / no) after you have installed it
Old 04-19-2021, 01:45 PM   #5
1998 Boxster Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot4fn View Post
Looking for comments of the drone (yes / no) after you have installed it
Unless someone beats me to it I am going to try with and without baffles. Assuming there is some drone.
Old 05-15-2021, 07:09 PM   #6
1998 Boxster Owner

I finally installed the new CW Exhaust.

1. Exhaust as is - there is drone between 2-3 RPM. Not as loud as Ebay exhaust but it's there. Not unbearable, but I guess personal preference will determine that. My ebay exhaust has drone up to 4 RPM. Once you pass 3 RPM with the new CW exhaust the drone is gone.

2. I inserted aluminum exhaust baffle with cap on the end (Amazon - FOLCONROAD Universal Motorcycle Muffler Insert Baffle Can Removable 48MM) The drone was gone. Sounded like stock muffler. Maybe a bit louder than stock but not obvious.

3. I removed the baffle cab and I like this option the best. Still no drone, but muffler opened up a little bit. Louder than stock with a slight rumble. When you hit 2-3 RPM it almost sounds like it wants to drone. For individuals who are very picky from a scale of 1 to 5 I would say the drone is .5 at 2-3 RPM with this option.

I recommend re-using the stock exhaust clamps or pick up new ones. The gold exhaust clamps included with the exhaust are a little weak. I managed to break one of the bolts. The silver exhaust clamps are very strong. I ended up using the included silver clamps to attach the exhaust tips. I noticed on Ebay you can buy the new CW exhaust without the exhaust elbows and clamps.

Also worth mentioning I had to cut the baffle and shorten it - as is the baffle is too long for new CW exhaust. It fits Ebay exhaust just fine.