986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   Door lock problem (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/78542-door-lock-problem.html)

bmsamson 08-21-2020 05:36 PM

Door lock problem

Until yesterday everything was fine. While driving I hit the door lock button on the dash (which I almost never use) and since then my key fob won’t lock/unlock/open trunks, and when I use the key to unlock the door, the alarm goes off till I put it in the ignition. This happened to me once before but I can’t remember how I solved it. Anyone have any idea what to do? 03 base

gpena 09-04-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmsamson (Post 623020)
Until yesterday everything was fine. While driving I hit the door lock button on the dash (which I almost never use) and since then my key fob won’t lock/unlock/open trunks, and when I use the key to unlock the door, the alarm goes off till I put it in the ignition. This happened to me once before but I can’t remember how I solved it. Anyone have any idea what to do? 03 base

I have exactly the same problem have you found the solution.

Regards

bmsamson 09-04-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpena (Post 623671)
I have exactly the same problem have you found the solution.

Regards

Sadly, I have not. I tried replacing the battery in my fob, but as expected that did nothing. I even stopped by the local dealer, who said they hadn't encountered this problem before so didn't have a top of the head solution, and wanted me to check it in for full diagnostics and evaluation, which I had neither the time nor money to do. So, I'm just living with it for the moment, hoping someone will come up with an answer for me/us.

elgyqc 09-07-2020 01:17 PM

Always a good idea to state the year and model of your car when asking for advice. I don't have an answer but I suggest you read the owner's manual on the locking system... along with the alarm, it is a bit complicated. The owner's manual can be found online.

bmsamson 09-07-2020 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgyqc (Post 623854)
Always a good idea to state the year and model of your car when asking for advice. I don't have an answer but I suggest you read the owner's manual on the locking system... along with the alarm, it is a bit complicated. The owner's manual can be found online.

I said 03 base in OP. I might suggest that you read a post through to the end before replying, and if you have nothing helpful to say, don’t bother.

elgyqc 09-07-2020 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmsamson (Post 623858)
I said 03 base in OP. I might suggest that you read a post through to the end before replying, and if you have nothing helpful to say, don’t bother.

Hmm, a bit touchy... sorry I missed the final 2 numbers and four letters.

maytag 09-07-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmsamson (Post 623858)

And there goes Samson, making friends again. ;-)

Welcome to the forum. And for whatever it's worth; I think the best advice on this really IS to go take a look at the owner's manual and what it has to say about the central locking system.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

gpena 04-05-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmsamson (Post 623020)

Hi, i was thinking if you have found the solution already, I tried checking the cable continuity between the connection in the door hinge and alarm under the seat without success, any news?

Enviado desde mi SM-A505G mediante Tapatalk