Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2019, 10:23 AM   #1

Spoiler/trunk fuse blowing

Hey all, just joining after the addition of our 06 Boxster. Baby is like a rocket-ship on wheels. I'm in love.

Anyway, have an issue with the spoiler / truck fuse blowing. Spoiler will rise and lower by the manual switch w/o issue, and trunk will open w/o issue from key and/or inside switch. Fuse appears to be blowing either when it automatically raises with hitting 75mph or on lowering with reduced speed.

Without going over 75mph, the fuse never blows, but staying under 75 in this slot-car is unreasonable.

I've looked at a bunch of prior blogs on this and other sites, but any ideas would be appreciated. Mostly i'm looking for info on what year Boxsters use the same spoiler assemblies as the 06. Wondering if the 986's use same parts or must i go for only 987 parts.

With that info, would like to pick up a complete assembly for spares.

In advance, thanks for any assistance.

Guitarman56 is offline   Reply With Quote