986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   Trying to resurrect a Boxter! I have a no start question! (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/75211-trying-resurrect-boxter-i-have-no-start-question.html)

Evostumpy 05-06-2019 04:00 PM

Trying to resurrect a Boxter! I have a no start question!

I just picked up a 99 Boxster and am trying to bring it back from the dead. It was last running in the fall. The car would start and run for about 3 seconds, and then not fire again until some hours later. I took a chance and replaced the Crank sensor (no tach movement when cranking). Then the car started for like 20 seconds with me feathering the gas and backfired and died. I looked under the car and there was a puddle of fuel under the passenger side from an exhaust junction. I checked fuel pressure and it was great, even after sitting for 30 min it still held. I took the throttle body T section off from between the intakes and there was fuel in both intakes and the T. My guess is some sort of vacuum issue that’s pulling fuel into the intakes? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Paul 05-06-2019 04:03 PM

Fuel pressure regulator has a ruptured diaphragm?

Evostumpy 05-06-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 594522)
Fuel pressure regulator has a ruptured diaphragm?

Would that suck Fuel into the intake?

Paul 05-06-2019 04:31 PM

I guess not, my error. In the moment I was thinking that the regulator had a vacuum line like many Porsches, but these cars do not.

maytag 05-06-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evostumpy (Post 594521)
I just picked up a 99 Boxster and am trying to bring it back from the dead. It was last running in the fall. The car would start and run for about 3 seconds, and then not fire again until some hours later. I took a chance and replaced the Crank sensor (no tach movement when cranking). Then the car started for like 20 seconds with me feathering the gas and backfired and died. I looked under the car and there was a puddle of fuel under the passenger side from an exhaust junction. I checked fuel pressure and it was great, even after sitting for 30 min it still held. I took the throttle body T section off from between the intakes and there was fuel in both intakes and the T. My guess is some sort of vacuum issue that’s pulling fuel into the intakes? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Evostumpy, you've got two identical posts going on. Were I you, I'd kill one of these threads and focus on just the one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk