Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 02:02 PM   #1

Central Locking Issue code 46 & 47

I have been having an on going issue with my central locking system. My passenger door doesn't seem to synchronize with my fuel door and drivers side door. All my door handle micro switches operate as they should. This would point to the passenger side door lock, but when you exit the car from the passenger side it doesn't trigger the alarm fault with 2 chirps from the alarm horn. When you exit the drivers side of the car the alarm does chirp twice indicating a fault.

The durametric codes read

code 47 central locking synchronization

present
frequency: 127

code 46 central locking synchronization

present
frequency:1

Do either of these codes point to drivers side or passengers side?

I did check the CLU under the drivers seat for moisture damage and corrosion and it looks brand new.

Looking for a place to start. Replace both locks?

My car is a 97 with the optional m535 alarm

tdamlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #2

Did you ever solve this problem? I'm getting the same error code 47, plus 61 and 10. My alarm chirps twice randomly, and the dash switch light comes on and stays on now and then. I suspect one of the door lock mechanisms, but which one? Need help!
Dave2001S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2001S View Post
Did you ever solve this problem? I'm getting the same error code 47, plus 61 and 10. My alarm chirps twice randomly, and the dash switch light comes on and stays on now and then. I suspect one of the door lock mechanisms, but which one? Need help!
Get the car scanned with a Porsche specific scan tool (PST II, PIWIS, Durametric) and it will give you the last ten reasons for alarm faults.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:00 PM   #4

That's exactly what I did, he used a PST2 and it revealed the codes #10, #61, and #47, but I really don't know anything more than that. I'm online trying to find out what these codes indicate specifically. The #10 I suspect is there because I disconnected the battery. Any advice? Thanks
Old 08-22-2014, 02:30 PM   #5

Quote:
That's exactly what I did, he used a PST2 and it revealed the codes #10, #61, and #47, but I really don't know anything more than that. I'm online trying to find out what these codes indicate specifically. The #10 I suspect is there because I disconnected the battery. Any advice? Thanks
Some of the codes may be a separate issue, but 61 & 47 is a CLU problem indicating the lock has not reached its full locked position, which is probably a mechanical problem in the door lock itself. If he had scanned the alarm unit itself, it would have listed the locations of the last ten alarm faults, telling you which door was triggering the alarm.

Last edited by JFP in PA; 08-22-2014 at 02:45 PM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:57 PM   #6

Ah, that makes some sense. I'll mention it to him and re-do the scan. Would that isolate it from the trunks and glove box as well? Would you therefore infer that it would be the latch mechanism? Thank you so much!
Old 08-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Ah, that makes some sense. I'll mention it to him and re-do the scan. Would that isolate it from the trunks and glove box as well? Would you therefore infer that it would be the latch mechanism? Thank you so much!
It looks like a lock mechanism problem, but you need to isolate which one. The alarm module sees each locking point as a separate item. Check out what I posted to you on RennTech, I listed all the diagnostic steps.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:05 AM   #8

Central Locking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
It looks like a lock mechanism problem, but you need to isolate which one. The alarm module sees each locking point as a separate item. Check out what I posted to you on RennTech, I listed all the diagnostic steps.
JFP,
Any chance you could post these diagnostics steps to this thread? I would like to see where my '04 Box S is giving me fits. I have central locking code 60: Central Locking limit position Lock not reached.
'04 Boxster S - Basalt Black, Fabspeed exhaust and sport headers, UD pulley, Pedro's Bluetooth, GT projectors, 18" Cayman S wheels, Evo cold air intake, IPD plenum, 74mm TB, Ben's SSK with ICT shifter boot, Fabspeed ECU Tune.
F18febe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by F18febe View Post
JFP,
Any chance you could post these diagnostics steps to this thread? I would like to see where my '04 Box S is giving me fits. I have central locking code 60: Central Locking limit position Lock not reached.
https://www.renntech.org/forums/topic/44473-central-lockingalarm-issue/

stomachbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote