Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2018, 07:50 PM   #1

So, anyone running a super charger in their 2.5L?.....

Slowly letting the cat out of the bag.......

Back in '97 pops ordered and purchased(after much harassment from me) a 98' Boxster, black on grey, hard top and a few other bits....

Forward to around year 2k(again, after much harassment), he purchased a TPC supercharger kit......box of stuff shows up, I drag it inside the house, open it up, lay everything out and SWEAR TO GOD, THAT'S NOT GOING TO FIT INSIDE THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT......

Forward a couple of weeks and I'm stomping around Rancho Cucamonga in a supercharged boxster!!!......

Then, life happens......

Had to grow up fast( had neglected this for way too long), pops again was there for me, with his help, moved out, started a family and a business (more on the business bit later, that's a loaded one, look up Agility Fuel Systems if curious).

On January 23rd this year, I lost my father.....damn I miss him.

I am lucky enough to have the boxster back now, my last large project with Dad.

So, I'm now seeking out people with supercharged 2.5L boxsters......

Chime in if you have one!.....

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

gonzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:58 AM   #2

I now realize I posted this in the wrong forum, any moderators out there want to move this to the general discussion forum please?.....

Old 08-24-2018, 12:14 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzzo View Post
Slowly letting the cat out of the bag.......

Back in '97 pops ordered and purchased(after much harassment from me) a 98' Boxster, black on grey, hard top and a few other bits....

Forward to around year 2k(again, after much harassment), he purchased a TPC supercharger kit......box of stuff shows up, I drag it inside the house, open it up, lay everything out and SWEAR TO GOD, THAT'S NOT GOING TO FIT INSIDE THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT......

Forward a couple of weeks and I'm stomping around Rancho Cucamonga in a supercharged boxster!!!......

Then, life happens......

Had to grow up fast( had neglected this for way too long), pops again was there for me, with his help, moved out, started a family and a business (more on the business bit later, that's a loaded one, look up Agility Fuel Systems if curious).

On January 23rd this year, I lost my father.....damn I miss him.

I am lucky enough to have the boxster back now, my last large project with Dad.

So, I'm now seeking out people with supercharged 2.5L boxsters......

Chime in if you have one!.....

All I have is a TPC supercharger to intake hose.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:35 PM   #4

Would love one on my 99, but current price seems to be around some as an engine swap.
Aanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanic View Post
Would love one on my 99, but current price seems to be around some as an engine swap.
I didn't even know they still sold them.....

I got a hold of TPC to get 7th injector module info and they acted as if I was asking about Noah's ark......

No help there ........