Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2018, 12:45 PM   #1

Replacing regeneration valve

From what I've read online and been told in PM's, I need to replace the regeneration valve on my 02 S. it's listed on pelican parts as 996-110-129-06.
Does the drivers side intake need to come off to do this? If so, are there any gaskets/o-rings that need to be replaced? Where does the other end of that line connect?
I've looked online but can't really find any videos that show taking the manifold off or replacing the valve.
Any help will be appreciated

tx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 04:17 PM   #2

I replaced mine to take care of a problem with starting after refueling. I ran the new line beside the old one. Not too big of a deal. There was one bolt on the intake I couldn’t get to to take the old one off. The other end connects underneath near the bottom of the firewall. It took care of the problem with getting gas in the tank and re-starting.
Fred111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:23 AM   #3

So you just left the old line and valve on there? How did you attach the new one to the intake? I've heard that bolt is very hard to get to. I didn't really want to take the intake off to do this. I have the same problem as you do
Thanks for the reply
tx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:56 PM   #4

I didn’t attach it to anything other than the connections at each end. It snakes around so many things on top of the intake I can’t imagine it would do any harm!
Fred111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:47 AM   #5

looking at the parts

part#996-110-129-06-M14 - with hose $220
Bosch 0-280-142-380 - without hose $45

I'm thinking to replace the bosch part. simple math for me...

however, i'm also wondering... what does this valve do? not that i've ever cored out a cat converter (or admit it on a public forum), what would happen if i took a drill bit into one end of the $45 part?

main question is.. what does this thing actually do?

i definitely get the problem with hard starting (takes 15-20 cranks) after filling the gas tank and always stop on the first hard stop... no squishy squishy top up unless i know i'm down 10 litres

ALEX SOL is offline   Reply With Quote