986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   any trick remove injectors (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/61913-any-trick-remove-injectors.html)

johnsjmc 06-07-2016 01:48 PM

any trick remove injectors

Any tricks to remove the injectors . can they even be unplugged without removing stuff first

Ben006 06-07-2016 04:23 PM

It's a tight place, but you should be able to remove them alone.
Get new injector seals and install them even if the old ones look good!

And don't forget to bleed the fuel pressure ;)

johnsjmc 06-07-2016 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben006 (Post 498839)
It's a tight place, but you should be able to remove them alone.
Get new injector seals and install them even if the old ones look good!

And don't forget to bleed the fuel pressure ;)

I pulled one out and changed a leaking inlet oring now no leak but engine is only running on 5 cyl Could air need bleeding?

Ben006 06-07-2016 04:43 PM

Did you check the connection?
If you have a technician stethoscope, you can hear it clicking. If you don't have one... 3$ at Harbor freight!

Could be a piece of dirt that entered the injector and plugged it.

Since it's not a completely close system (there's flow), no need to bleed the air, it's pushed out in a few seconds.

When the connection is in tight places, one of the connector pins can be pushed out a bit because there's no room to push it dead straight, and make bad contact. I'll check that first.

Make sure that it's the cylinder on which you remove the injector than is not firing, coincidence can happen ;)

johnsjmc 06-07-2016 05:30 PM

I can hear it clicking when holding a long screwdriver to it like a stethoscope. There was a small flat spot broken from the inlet o ring . I,m afraid its ended up down inside I,m going to pull the 3 from the side with the air filter and send them out for cleaning and flow testing If it fixes it great . I will consider digging the other 3 out depending on the flow test results before/after

Ben006 06-07-2016 06:00 PM

Great, I hope you can figure out the solution :)

Gelbster 06-07-2016 07:56 PM

Before you spend more money - ask about the upgraded injectors. At some stage the # of holes was increased and that gives a much better 'cone'.bInexpensive generic upgrades are available. The Bosch filters,O rings and retainers all are available inexpensively
I found it very useful to make a test rig to check flow before installing them

johnsjmc 06-08-2016 03:54 AM

I looked at the end of the leaking one removed and it has 4 holes suggesting it already has the updated injectors. I didn,t bother to note the part number though as I wasn,t expecting a running problem upon reassembly.