Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2016, 11:59 AM   #1

2004 Base Boxster Throttle Position Sensor and cabling questions

Hi All,

In my EV conversion project I now need to wire the throttle to my EV controller (will be fitted in the Engine bay on top of the DC motor assy). I have a few questions that I am hoping the knowledgeable people on this forum may be able to help with...
  1. For the 2004 Base Boxster what is the output of this TP sensor? There are 5 wires coming out of it. I am hoping that the output is a resistive sensor (and not a Hall Effect transducer) and I can get a 0-5KOhm output...:-)
  2. Where does the cable from the TP sensor go to? It started under the dash and goes upwards. I would like to trace it so I can use the wires on the engine/DME end. I think these wires either go to the DME or straight to the throttle body. More than likely they go to the DME since the throttle body uses a voltage input as it is fly by wire throttle

If I am lucky the output is 0-5KOhm and the wires go towards the trunk from where I could measure to make sure and use the resitive output to drive the EV controller.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by PorscheFan5; 04-30-2016 at 12:20 PM.
PorscheFan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:30 PM   #2

Paddle Sensor

Update/Correction:

I realize I have used incorrect nomenclature. When I say TPS I mean the cylindrical sensor that is just above the Gas paddle. That is item 10 in the attached diagram which Porsche Catalog terms as "Paddle sensor". I believe the TPS is the one installed on the Throttle body...

My apologies for the error. No wonder I did not get any replies...:-)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

PorscheFan5 is offline   Reply With Quote