Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2016, 04:59 PM   #1

Rear forward trailing arm install

Ordered the 987 part for my 986s yesterday and they arrived today by ups.

Decided to go out tonight and replace the passenger side one. Took about an hour working slowly. Part of the problem was finding appropriate size sockets. You need an 18mm socket and a 21mm wrench.

Took a bit to find all the fasteners to remove the rearward plastic underpan..

Used a midrise jackstand to compress the suspension to help with the angle of installing the arm where it attaches to the body.

My hint would be to use a long screwdriver to lever the joint to an angle where it will slide into the receiver on the body side.

Went for a quick test drive without the rear plastic pan, looking for tar strips and patchy pavement. No more clunky car at low speeds. Sounds guieter at road speed as well.

I'll do the driver side tomorrow night.

For cans, autopartsway.ca has the part for $131cdn minus a 10% discount code till the end of the month. After shipping and HST, I got both for $285cdn.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1461891599211.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  74.7 KB

Peter

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

petee_c is offline   Reply With Quote