Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2016, 05:30 PM   #1

2000 Boxster rear wheel fitment question

Background information...here I go.... When I purchased my Boxster, I had driven a bit to grab an extra set of wheels that were advertised on CL. Of course once arriving I realized the seller had posted incorrect spec information on the wheels and I had a huge concern about the rear wheels fitting without running spacers.

Upon arriving within minutes of cleaning the rear of the wheels I discovered the rear wheels were 10" and not the 9" advertised...and of course the ET was 65 and not 45. Seeing that the wheels were in fact a pretty clean set of wheels I decided to make an offer after showing the owner the information. He realized at this point why he had rubbing on the rear He accepted my offer and I drove the distance home with the wife not too happy:ah: So, I've tried the Porsche Dealers and a few other well known Boxster related information hubs with mixed information. The wheel calculators tell me that they will work but I don't want 4 inches of wheel sticking out of the rear wheel wells.

My current rear wheels are factory 7.5Jx18(tires 225/40/18) on the fronts and 8J x 18(265/35/18) on the rears. The wheels I am looking to Powder coat and use are:
7.5Jx18 ET 50 on the fronts(tires 225/40/18)
10Jx18 ET 65 on the rears(tires 265/35/18)

If anyone has experience with this setup and can recommend the appropriate hub centric spacers I'd greatly appreciate it. I don't mind the wheels sitting flush to the body or slightly outside on the rear but prefer not to have an extreme street racer look. Current thought is 20mm hub centric spacers but after so many conversations and paper mock ups, I'm afraid to trust my newly acquired knowledge on the subject.

Thanks in advance for all answers,

Chris

Converse986Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 06:16 PM   #2

those are 996 narrow-body wheels. fronts will fit fine. on the back you will need 20 to 25 mm spacers.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 07:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
those are 996 narrow-body wheels. fronts will fit fine. on the back you will need 20 to 25 mm spacers.
Thanks The Radium King. They are the Turbo Look 1 wheels. I guess it may have helped a bit more if I'd added that information as well. Thanks again for the speedy reply added to Woody's text to me.:dance:

Looks like these wheels will be going to the powder coaters for a nice shiny gloss black coat of powder!!

Converse986Black is offline   Reply With Quote