986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   Reset airbag light (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/59764-reset-airbag-light.html)

eliot92 12-08-2015 09:27 AM

Reset airbag light

My car (2000 986 2.7) threw an airbag warning light a few weeks back. I've ordered a new airbag as Porsche read the code as the passenger door airbag and all the wiring to the airbag itself seems fine. I was going to purchase an icarsoft i960 to reset the light as it's advertised as being capable, however YouTube videos suggest otherwise so I need something else to reset the light. Is durametric the only other option? I don't really want to drop £400 just to reset the light and taking it back to the dealer isn't really an option as I may need to reset multiple times trying different fixes, for example although it seems unlikely, I installed depo led rear lights and then the code came on so I do wonder if these somehow caused the issue. So may need to swap them back too etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jdraupp 12-08-2015 09:58 AM

Durametric or the nexteldiag or something like that system has been talked about and works. That seems steep for a Durametric...you realize there's two versions...ones enthusiast one is for pros. You only need the enthusiast.

mikefocke 12-08-2015 10:15 AM

nexteldiag ??

eliot92 12-08-2015 10:38 AM

Durametric seems to be a lot more expensive in the few places I can find it in the UK. Unfortunately those prices were for the cheaper 3 car usage version too. What's nexteldiag? Can't seem to find it. Google is returning no results for me

RandallNeighbour 12-08-2015 11:41 AM

You should invest in a Durametric cable from the US company that sells them and have it shipped to you in the UK. If you call them sometimes they have returned units they sell for $100 off, which is what I got. Fully warranted and works great, btw.

jdraupp 12-08-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikefocke (Post 475844)
nexteldiag ??

Hang on let me find it...it's a German tool and you'd have to basically speak German to use it...I know I jacked up the name. There was a recent thread about it.

Autel Maxidiag. Bunch of different models but they can be had on ebay for fairly cheap.

Mig 12-25-2015 12:41 PM

I had a problem with my air bag light being illuminated as well. My air bag was okay so I just needed to reset the light (these lights can get triggered from a disconnected battery). The only option which seems to work is Durametric.

Consider buying the Enthusiast version. Good for 3 vehicles and costs $287 US. I believe that's about 200 pounds. Not cheap, but cheaper than a few resets from the dealer.

I understand that buying a Durametric setup locally from a third-party is more expensive. Durametric does ship worldwide though if that helps.