Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2006, 11:18 AM   #1

air bag light

i have a '97 boxster with 15,000 miles on her. the warning light for air bag has been staying on. i refuse to deal with a dealer to check out. wondering if anyone out there can walk me thru a fix. i was once told that it just might be the seat belt sensor. also, i want to purchase a bra for car. what is the best type and material to get. any good web sites to shop on for bra.
much appreciate the help. bruce

bmyslis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:52 AM   #2

Yup, it's probably your seat belt receptacles. They're notorious for that. I just finally got mine sorted out yesterday.

You may want to buy a set and put them on yourself... very, very simple job. Takes 10 minutes a side. You have to pull both seats, unplug the harness, and thread a new wire through the back of the seat to get it in... but you can do it. No big deal.

However, it may NOT be the problem and you should have someone with a PST tool tell you exactly what's throwing that airbag light. You'll need a PST tool to turn it off anyway, so you may want to do this.

I'll leave car covers to someone else... I have them and I'm too lazy to use it in the garage... I think they scratch my cars when used outside as grit accumulates between the cover and the paint, but that's just my opinion.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote