986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   Door switch verification... (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/57607-door-switch-verification.html)

Cebu 06-14-2015 04:49 PM

Door switch verification...

I originally posted this within another topic thread. I'm creating a new thread to have more visibility:

My passenger side window (2002 Boxster Base U.S. model) does not go down when I open the door using the outside or internal door handle. It does function correctly using the window switch or when I use use the convertible top up/down.

I also notice at times my dash lock switch LED flickers off and on once in a while but not consistent.

The part is a harness with the switch included. Is this the correct part to order from Pelican Parts? I didn't want to link their photo due the copyright warnings.

Thanks fellas.

Window Drop Down Switch on Door Handle (Right)
Brand: Genuine Porsche
Rating:
(2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible)

996-613-126-00-M100
Door Switches

navair 06-15-2015 01:19 PM

I had the same problem, it was not the inside door handle switch, but the one integral with the door lock assy (2002 Boxster S with alarm). I had to buy the whole lock unit:

P/N 8N1837015C body hardware, door, lock & hardware, lock w/alarm Left

$124.53 from Gaudin in Vegas (cheapest).

steved0x 06-15-2015 03:15 PM

Are you a member of renntech.org? There is a DIY in the 996 section for door/window microswitched and what symptoms map to what switch. You have to have an account to see it though. I would check there. If the door lock assembly is bad the window drops when you open the door, but goes right back up when you release because the computer thinks the door is still shut. The interior light may fail to come on as well. If your symptoms don't match that I don't think it is the door lock assembly.

Cebu 06-15-2015 10:07 PM

I believe I am a member. I'll give it a look. Thank you everyone for offering tips. I'll first try out the process you mentioned below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by steved0x (Post 454061)
Are you a member of renntech.org? There is a DIY in the 996 section for door/window microswitched and what symptoms map to what switch. You have to have an account to see it though. I would check there. If the door lock assembly is bad the window drops when you open the door, but goes right back up when you release because the computer thinks the door is still shut. The interior light may fail to come on as well. If your symptoms don't match that I don't think it is the door lock assembly.