Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2006, 03:53 PM   #1

Please help with terrible noise when going over bumps.

Gretings,

I am in the uk and have a lhd 2.5 boxster.

I am having a problem which is driving me crazy and I hope someone can help.

when I go over bumps at low speed i am getting a horrendous rattlling sound like loose metal from the rear left of the car. I can only hear this sound with my window down - so its obviously outside and is there with hood up or down.

All exhaust mounts and heat shields appear to be fixed and not loose.

What I have noticed, which I hope will help pinpoint the problem is that when I shift gears with the engine off there is a loose clinking/rattling noise between the changes. (not quite as sever as the one im getting when going over bumps, but very similar)

So I got under the car and the little things on the end of the rods which move when a gear is changed are very noisy and appear quite loose to touch. they are making a horrible clinking sound when i move them by hand which i believe could be my problem. Could anyone please help me with what these things are and if they can be tightened or any other suggestions as to how i can rectify this noise.

Thank you in advance

Scotty.

BoxsterScott is offline   Reply With Quote