986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   Window regulator (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/56623-window-regulator.html)

mrs. robinson 04-06-2015 01:30 PM

Window regulator

I'm getting ready to replace the window regulator in my 2000 Boxster myself instead of paying the dealership $1,144.26 to do it. I intend to order from Pelican but not sure if I should go ahead and pay the $270 for genuine Porsche regulator or go with the more economical Uro Parts for $144. Is there anyone who has tried the regulator from Uro parts? Thanks!

Paseb 04-06-2015 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs. robinson (Post 443840)
I'm getting ready to replace the window regulator in my 2000 Boxster myself instead of paying the dealership $1,144.26 to do it. I intend to order from Pelican but not sure if I should go ahead and pay the $270 for genuine Porsche regulator or go with the more economical Uro Parts for $144. Is there anyone who has tried the regulator from Uro parts? Thanks!

i have both side in stock

off a 2004 with 38000miles

pm me if your interrested

seb

nevermind, i sold them lol, i have the motors!

martsink 04-06-2015 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs. robinson (Post 443840)

Definitely go with a used regulator. There's no point in paying so much for a brand new unit. I just replaced a regulaor in my friends BMW in the middle of a snow storm. It's a pretty easy job.

KRAM36 04-06-2015 11:25 PM

What is the problem you are experiencing?

jklaspok 04-08-2015 06:58 AM

I replaced the passenger side regulator with the Uro brand and it works great. Visually, the quality looked very good. My expectations are it will last as long as the OEM version.

mrs. robinson 04-08-2015 01:16 PM

@KRAM36 My driver's side window only rolls down half way and creaks and moans while doing it. It has been making noise then it stopped rolling down all the way, so we took it in and the dealership diagnosed it as a window regulator.

madmodz 04-08-2015 08:30 PM

I got mine from ebay. Save the money, odds are that you won't need to replace it again.

mrs. robinson 04-09-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmodz (Post 444167)
I got mine from ebay. Save the money, odds are that you won't need to replace it again.

Thanks for the advise. I will check Ebay!

woodsman 04-09-2015 01:38 PM

You should do a search of this forum as this is a common problem and someone figured out a $0.10 fix involving a bicycle cable part.

KRAM36 04-09-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodsman (Post 444244)
You should do a search of this forum as this is a common problem and someone figured out a $0.10 fix involving a bicycle cable part.

No, that's only when the window won't drop down enough to clear the roof when opening the door.

That's why I asked what the problem was.

mrs. robinson 04-10-2015 08:33 AM

Thank you guys for helping me out. I'm no mechanic by far, but I love my Boxster and look forward to keeping her primed and in good condition. Total girl moment but, I was so proud when I changed out the headlamp bulbs myself! Not a huge deal for most of you guys, but to me, it was pure awesomeness!! I'm hoping that through this forum and YouTube I can hopefully do so much on my own and save that money for enhancing her through fun stuff, not critical needs.

Hogosha 04-10-2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs. robinson (Post 444330)
Thank you guys for helping me out. I'm no mechanic by far, but I love my Boxster and look forward to keeping her primed and in good condition. Total girl moment but, I was so proud when I changed out the headlamp bulbs myself! Not a huge deal for most of you guys, but to me, it was pure awesomeness!! I'm hoping that through this forum and YouTube I can hopefully do so much on my own and save that money for enhancing her through fun stuff, not critical needs.

mrs. robinson,
You can do soooo much on your own! Just take your time, take pics of what you are doing, and listen to the good advice here. Contact Woody here on the forums, and tell him what you need. You will enjoy your Boxster so much more when you do the work yourself!