986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   Anyone have experience with the Eurocharged tune? (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/56449-anyone-have-experience-eurocharged-tune.html)

jlindsey86 03-26-2015 02:33 AM

Anyone have experience with the Eurocharged tune?

Im finally in a position to get an 00-04 Porsche Boxster S, just waiting for the right one to come along. In the mean time I am looking at options to increase power in a realistic way without forced induction. Six years ago I had a Chrysler Crossfire and remember quite a few Crossfireforum members being very satisfied with the ECU remap that was offered by "Eurocharged." Today I was googling for 986 tuners and other than FABSPEED I saw Eurocharged offered a tune as well and their numbers are quite impressive, if somewhat hard to believe for just a tune. I was wondering if anyone has delt with them and if you were satisfied?

986 : Porsche 986 Boxster S 3.2L Performance Engine Software

KenDFW 03-27-2015 06:13 AM

Don't know of eurocharged. It seems the most popular tunes are FVD Bombacher & Softronic.

KRAM36 03-27-2015 03:52 PM

Stock to Eurocharged

Peak Power (bhp) 258 to 281

Peak Torque (ft-lb) 229 to 248

Um wow. I like to see the dyno chart on that.

CHRISP357 03-27-2015 05:35 PM

On this forum we have our own ECU_doctor for all of our performance needs!

CraigM 03-27-2015 05:50 PM

On that link they show that they do free re-tunes as you continue to mod for the life of the car - that's impressive. No experience with them, but that's some service.

mikefocke 03-28-2015 12:14 PM

Others say that after every mod it can take dozens of changes, dynos, test drives, etc to get a tune right. They mean getting the right combination of HP, torque, throughout the entire usable range, daily driveability, etc.

When I look at their ad, they claim to know Porsches but service a wide mix of cars. Just how knowledgeable are they on a rather unique engine like yours?

You seldom get something for nothing easily and I don't see everyone on the forums leaping on this as opposed to doing other mods which yield very modest gains. Other tuners and mod'ers with considerable experience/resources make no such claims.

jlindsey86 03-28-2015 07:43 PM

That's an excellent point mikefocke. Definitely not trying to get something for nothing. If anyone had their tune done by them I figured they would be on this forum. I just might give Eurocharged a call and see if I can get some more detailed info on their power claims. From the little research Ive done to get 280+ hp from the the 3.2 I would be looking at full exhaust, larger intake, and tune.

KRAM36 03-28-2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlindsey86 (Post 442367)
That's an excellent point mikefocke. Definitely not trying to get something for nothing. If anyone had their tune done by them I figured they would be on this forum. I just might give Eurocharged a call and see if I can get some more detailed info on their power claims. From the little research Ive done to get 280+ hp from the the 3.2 I would be looking at full exhaust, larger intake, and tune.

IPD claims with just their Plenum and a 74mm TB you get a 15HP gain.

I may be on the generous side, but I think a 45HP increase can be obtained with a complete air intake upgrade, proper exhaust upgrade and a tune. That would put my car at 303HP.