Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2021, 11:59 AM   #1

Racing Headers with High Flow Sport Cat

Looking to solve CEL with codes of P1117 and P1118. I have a cold air intake, 986 Boxster Race Headers with no cats matched with the 986 Boxster Primary Sport Catalytic Converter. My oxygen sensor is plugged into the header where the three primaries merge into one pipe and the other is plugged into the bung just past the small sport cat on the rearmost section right before the muffler section, the middle bung has been plugged. I extended the rearmost oxygen sensor myself with two oxygen sensors on each side in order for it to plug in properly. I was wondering what I could buy or fix to removed the CEL codes I get every couple of months. Was wondering if anyone sells extension for the oxygen sensor wires or sells the longer version of an oxygen sensor for the rear sports cell cat. Thanks guys.

golfguykgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:40 AM   #2
edc
550 Anniversary

Garage
Try this sort of thing. The L ones rather than the straight ones have worked for me.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264800231586
edc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:59 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfguykgb View Post
Looking to solve CEL with codes of P1117 and P1118. I have a cold air intake, 986 Boxster Race Headers with no cats matched with the 986 Boxster Primary Sport Catalytic Converter. My oxygen sensor is plugged into the header where the three primaries merge into one pipe and the other is plugged into the bung just past the small sport cat on the rearmost section right before the muffler section, the middle bung has been plugged. I extended the rearmost oxygen sensor myself with two oxygen sensors on each side in order for it to plug in properly. I was wondering what I could buy or fix to removed the CEL codes I get every couple of months. Was wondering if anyone sells extension for the oxygen sensor wires or sells the longer version of an oxygen sensor for the rear sports cell cat. Thanks guys.
Go to Bosch site to see O2 sensor wire length's avalability & get the part number. Might have to special order but you will get a better signal.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:26 PM   #4

I don't know how much length you need, but another option is to reposition the clips that hold the wire connector on the harness side closer to your new location. You can undo the harness wrap to get enough slack to do this. This are tons of mounting bosses on the motor to reposition that, and it will easily get you at least a few inches.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk