986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   Exhausts:Fabspeed or GHL? (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/5533-exhausts-fabspeed-ghl.html)

velvet_jones 03-28-2006 02:16 PM

Exhausts:Fabspeed or GHL?

I'm going to be purchasing a new exhaust for my '02 S. I was hoping I could get a pointer or two as to which one is best for the Boxster. My boss is running the Fabspeed Maxflow on his GT3 and it's very nice. So, if any of you have experience w/ one , or both of these, please let me know what you think.
PS- I will not be doing headers.
Thank you,
velvet_jones

TriGem2k 03-28-2006 04:31 PM

Check out Gemballa....I have theirs on my 01 Boxster...Love it

PorscheDoc 03-28-2006 04:36 PM

Fabspeed uses a dansk exhaust for the boxster. It is a good system. GHL products tend to have a really good sound, but their collector design is poor, and performance suffers.

WillieB 03-28-2006 04:48 PM

It depends on what you want......................

I went with the GHL on mine after checking out every exhaust avail. for the Boxster. The GHL fit the price range. I felt no loss in power, but a gain. The Fabspeed on the video didn't sounds so nice IMO. On the Carrera, it sounds great, but the Boxster not so good. I heard the GHL was a 10/10 for bad ass sound. I think the GHL sounds awesome.

Adam 03-28-2006 06:57 PM

This shouldn't be too hard of a decision. It boils down to this. Go with the GHL if you want a very loud and noticable difference and the Fabspeed(AKA Dansk Sport) if you want a more subtle and less intense sound increase. By the way, neither will give you an actual hp increase just incase you were wondering. However, you will swear it is faster because it sounds louder!

velvet_jones 03-28-2006 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam
. However, you will swear it is faster because it sounds louder!

:D :D :D :D You are absolutly right!! I think the GHL may be the way to go for me. Thanks for all the help people!!

stucatz 03-29-2006 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velvet_jones
:D :D :D :D You are absolutly right!! I think the GHL may be the way to go for me. Thanks for all the help people!!

The Billy Boat unit is supposed to be very loud as well, it looks like it's well made too.

velvet_jones 03-29-2006 08:12 AM

Really starting to like that B&B now too!

nastyboxster 03-29-2006 10:58 AM

I'm going to do the fabspeed 2nd cat bypass first since it's less than half the price of a new exhaust. It suppose to be louder and add a bit of hp. My shop ordered it and it suppose to be in next week. I'll let you know how it turns out.

velvet_jones 03-29-2006 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nastyboxster
I'm going to do the fabspeed 2nd cat bypass first since it's less than half the price of a new exhaust. It suppose to be louder and add a bit of hp. My shop ordered it and it suppose to be in next week. I'll let you know how it turns out.

That'd be awsome. Thanks nasty!

Jeph 03-29-2006 05:12 PM

What are you gonna do with your Stock S exhaust? I want to buy it! PM me.

PorscheDoc 03-29-2006 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeph
What are you gonna do with your Stock S exhaust? I want to buy it! PM me.

I have a stock S muffler if you want it.

velvet_jones 03-30-2006 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
I have a stock S muffler if you want it.

You're pimpin' my thread man!

PorscheDoc 03-30-2006 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velvet_jones
You're pimpin' my thread man!

Haha, sorry, just thought someone might want it before it goes in the trash. If you hold on to it long enough, you can get 35 bucks for them on ebay. Not really worth the effort.