Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2015, 11:34 AM   #1

Wet Alarm Module

Hey folks, I have a problem and am about at my whist end.... I unfortunately allowed water to get under the drivers seat in my 2000 Boxster and well I am sure you know the results. The alarm module flooded and decided to give up the ghost.. I tried to dry it out and was unsuccessful. After checking the forums I ordered new modules, key and more. Where I am now is the alarm will lock and unlock the doors but when I attempt to start the car nothing happens. Starter does not even go click. Any one have any ideas? Did I miss something? I changed out what I was told was matching ECU and Alarm modules. Thanks in advance for any help...

2000BXTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000BXTR View Post
Hey folks, I have a problem and am about at my whist end.... I unfortunately allowed water to get under the drivers seat in my 2000 Boxster and well I am sure you know the results. The alarm module flooded and decided to give up the ghost.. I tried to dry it out and was unsuccessful. After checking the forums I ordered new modules, key and more. Where I am now is the alarm will lock and unlock the doors but when I attempt to start the car nothing happens. Starter does not even go click. Any one have any ideas? Did I miss something? I changed out what I was told was matching ECU and Alarm modules. Thanks in advance for any help...
The car needs to be reprogrammed, you cannot just install the module and expect it to work or the car would be very easy to steal.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #3

Where did you get all the parts? Breaker? Dealer? Online?

New or used?

Did you have all this new stuff programmed to work together via a PIWIS or PST2?
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:58 PM   #4

The modules came from a breaker, they were advertised to be from the same car, ECU, Alarm Module, key with security pill.
2000BXTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:13 PM   #5
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
If they all came from the same vehicle and that vehicle was the same year and model as yours it should work without reprogramming. There are variations in the alarm module for various years that will make it incompatible.
-Make sure that it is the same part number as the set that came out.
-Make sure that your fuses are good.
-Check all the wires and contacts that plug into the module. Mine had 2 corroded wire connections that made open circuits. I replaced the whole connector with one from Woody.
If all that fails to reveal the problem check on getting a refund/replacement from the seller.

78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote