Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2021, 05:28 AM   #1

1999 airbag delete resister

I am removing the steering wheel and airbag to put a non airbag wheel on. I need to know what resister to use. Pelican says 0.3 ohm. Other forms say 3.0. I am confused on which one to use. I have searched everywhere and all have said different things. Has anyone here actually done this on a 986? Thanks

Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:21 AM   #2

Sorry I don’t have that info. but you can measure your airbag with a multimeter? Also do you still need other airbags to function? If not I’d just take them all out, incl. the module, to save weight.
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 12:14 PM   #3
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
I have done it on a couple 986s to disable the passenger side bag without permanently altering the car. It was easier to search my old posts than find my stash of resistors:

Old 11-22-2021, 05:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
I have done it on a couple 986s to disable the passenger side bag without permanently altering the car. It was easier to search my old posts than find my stash of resistors:
Thanks for the info. I will go with the 3.0.
Old 11-22-2021, 05:20 AM   #5

I'm only doing g the steering wheel, all others to function I hope. I'm going t to try the 3.0 resister.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:01 PM   #6
1998 Boxster Owner

If you contact Airbag Switches they will make one for you. They made me one for driver and passenger airbags. I believe they call them airbag shunts or airbag simulators. I used them when I swapped steering wheel for MOMO.

Airbag Systems, Inc.
1414 Comanche Dr.
Allen, TX 75013

Benitom is offline   Reply With Quote