Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2014, 12:59 PM   #1

Garage
ROW 030 Advice

I've seen quite a bit of chat about the ROW 030 package. I'm just not sure it will provide major handling changes to my stock 2003 986 S.

Has anyone done this upgrade from a stock S? If so was it worth it?

fritzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:31 PM   #2

I installed the row suspension to my 03 S. it was by far the best upgrade to date . I installed it when the car had about 50k on it. the original suspension felt real loose and not good at all . transformed the car. the key is in the alignment after the initial install . you really need to take it to a shop that knows how to set it up correctly .
jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #3
Rennzenn

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacabean View Post
I installed the row suspension to my 03 S. it was by far the best upgrade to date . I installed it when the car had about 50k on it. the original suspension felt real loose and not good at all . transformed the car. the key is in the alignment after the initial install . you really need to take it to a shop that knows how to set it up correctly .
+1 alignment is everything
Old 11-29-2014, 02:09 PM   #4

The ROW 030 will also lower the car and give it a slight nose-down stance that looks more sporting. Depending on mileage the new shocks alone will improve things nicely. I went from 'S' RR and 030 FR (previous owner needed more cush...) to 030 TIP and I'm thankful I did. It's Porsche's own Sport Suspension- I mean for the money it's a dream...
Old 12-06-2014, 12:19 PM   #5

If I remember right Woodsman and I were installing ours about the same time. We both ended up installing TopSpeed adj. arms also. For my base 02, it had about 80k on it and needed struts. At the time Suncoast had the kit for under $1100 if I recall. I also bought all new top mounts (for me this was the summer of spending $4500 on maintenance...) I added 15mm spacers all around, the 030 kit dropped the front 7/8ths and the rear 5/8ths. This transformed the car into something completely different than before, best upgrade to date for me. and yes, +1 on the alignment suggestions. I spent days searching the forum and there are some excellent posts on alignments. i found a local shop that finally listens to what i ask, couldnt be happier with the handling.

psquared39 is offline   Reply With Quote