Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #1

Garage
Problem with cruise control activation via Durametric

My car is a European 2002 Boxster S. I got a used 4 stalk, installed it in my car and did the necessary cabling, following the 101 projects book. There was an issue with the cable between DME and instrument cluster, as the colors of the connectors in my instrument cluster didn't fit with the description in the book. So after a lengthy internet search i finally learned, that for cars 2001 and younger this connection is no more needed, as the signal is transmitted via CAN bus from DME to the cluster. So I activated cruise control in both DME and instrument cluster K21 with my Durametric. Cruise control works fine, but the green light in the instrument cluster doesn't show up. When i activate cruise control for the instrument cluster, I can see the cluster booting and a few seconds later a message box says, that coding was successful. But there is no function. I used a brand new Durametric 6. I opened the cluster and checked, that the LED for the signal is installed.

Has anybody succesfully activated cruise control via Durametric including the green light for a 2002 S? Is there anything I can do to find the root cause of the problem?

Thanks for any advice

Herbert

hemonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:23 AM   #2

The bulb should work. Try switching the ignition to the on position and see if it lights.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:36 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
The bulb should work. Try switching the ignition to the on position and see if it lights.

There is no green light. So I understand, it should go on like all the others when I switch on the ignition. Correct?
Old 10-11-2014, 03:22 AM   #4

Garage
Yes. It will go on when you turn the ignition switch to accessory, regardless of whether the button at the end of the stalk is depressed or not.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemonu View Post
There is no green light. So I understand, it should go on like all the others when I switch on the ignition. Correct?
You have a circuit problem with the indicator light.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:30 AM   #6

I fitted it in mine, 2002 S and used this guide. It worked a treat

How to - 986 Cruise Control Retrofit - How To - www.BoXa.net
mavis.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
You have a circuit problem with the indicator light.
I will open the cluster and have a loock into that :-(
Old 11-07-2014, 12:02 AM   #8

Garage
I finally got hold of a PST2 and did the coding once again with that gadget. The green light works now. So it seems to be a flaw in the Durametric coding process.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemonu View Post
I finally got hold of a PST2 and did the coding once again with that gadget. The green light works now. So it seems to be a flaw in the Durametric coding process.
I can't see that as we use the Durametric regularly for this mod and never have any problems.