Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #1

Question Need some help

My son has a 98 Boxster. A group of wires came loose under the drivers seat leaving the car with no power. The problem is the seat rail is covering the two rear bolts that hold down the seat. Does anybody know which wires go to the motor that controls the back and forth motion. I need to move the seat one to two inches to remove the bolts. Once that's done it is an easy fix. The seat does not move due to lack of power. Thanks for any help.
Bill

irelandmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by irelandmoss View Post
My son has a 98 Boxster. A group of wires came loose under the drivers seat leaving the car with no power. The problem is the seat rail is covering the two rear bolts that hold down the seat. Does anybody know which wires go to the motor that controls the back and forth motion. I need to move the seat one to two inches to remove the bolts. Once that's done it is an easy fix. The seat does not move due to lack of power. Thanks for any help.
Bill
Are you sure it is a full power seat? Most have mechanical for front to back movement and only power recline
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:50 PM   #3

It's a 6 way power seat up,down, forward, backward and recline. No mechanical over ride
Old 08-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #4

I'd take a HD shot of the harness with colors/codes of the wires exposed. Someone will be in a better position to tell you exactly "how to jump start an electric seat" I'm sure
Old 08-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #5

I know how to jumper the seat. I did it today with the reclining back. I need to know which wires move the bottom seat part. Once I have the seat moved I'll be able to get to the bolts then to the connector that came loose.

The motor(s) are 12 volt first have a battery with a full charge. I used my car battery. A set of jumper cables and connect them to the wires
of the motor(s). If the seat goes backwards and you want it to forwards just reverse the cables on the wires

Last edited by irelandmoss; 08-03-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:58 AM   #6

power seat

Well, got the seat moved forward and the bolts out. Got the plug put back in but now the seat controls are messed. Does anybody have any pictures of how the connections are placed? I had to remove them to get to some wires. Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Bill
Old 08-11-2014, 04:12 AM   #7
pjq

try Renntech.org

pjq is offline   Reply With Quote