Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #1

Garage
Alarm

Anyone know how to by-pass the immobilizer on a 1999 Porsche boxster? It set outside for one winter when we moved and then the problems started in the spring. I don't need an alarm, its locked in a garage now. But, it must pass an e-check.

Kelli-n-Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:54 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli-n-Greg View Post
Anyone know how to by-pass the immobilizer on a 1999 Porsche boxster? It set outside for one winter when we moved and then the problems started in the spring. I don't need an alarm, its locked in a garage now. But, it must pass an e-check.
Not easily; it was designed not to be bypassed as a security feature to prevent theft. If removed, the DME will know it and refuse to start the car.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:01 PM   #3

Garage
Thanks Jeff, That's what I've been finding out. I was hoping someone out there was technical enough to help me. Its too bad it's only got 45,000 miles on it and a very pretty blue, but I'll send it to the junk yard tomorrow. sick of messing with it.

Thanks
Kelli-n-Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:08 PM   #4

So instead of getting an immobilizer/ key/dme off ebay, or even buying the needed parts from the dealer, you plan to junk it and leave the extra 5-7 grand lying on the table? Seriously? Your time must be worth a lot...
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:53 AM   #5

Garage
You're going to send a perfectly good box to the junkyard over that? Geez, hate to see what you'd do over an IMS failure.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #6
Beginner

Garage
You could likely make a few grand selling it on this forum.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #7

Thats the spirit. Your attitude embodies everything thats wrong with america today.

The car needs some work? Throw it away. For christs sake, it was a $50,000 car!! You dont throw cars away like that. Either fix it, and sell it if you dont like it... or sell it as is for less.

People do the same thing with electronics, furntiture, household items... do you remember where all this ends up? In the garbage. Its a terrible trend that only beneifts the money-as-debt system for an exponentially growing population.

Please hold onto your things

Bigsmoothlee is offline   Reply With Quote