Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2006, 10:27 PM   #1

FYI - Racing Dynamics US and Canada

Just thought everyone should look at this before buying any racing dynamics parts here in the us and canada.

http://www.racdyn.com/Localized/NorthAmerica/Warning.htm

"any new product sold in the U.S. and Canada under the Racing Dynamics brand name, after January 1, 2003, is most likely NOT manufactured by Racing Dynamics S.p.A., therefore, no assurances can be given that it is an original Racing Dynamics S.p.A. product.

If you intend to purchase the original tuning products from Racing Dynamics S.p.A., please note that such products are only available in the U.S. and Canada under the RDSportŪ brand name."

Strange that I can't find the 987 strut bar on the US or International site.

mrsparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:51 AM   #2
bmussatti

mrsparkle, interesting, I don't know what this all means, but you can find the Strut Braces (for the 987) on the www.racdyn-usa.com site. I don't know if they are related to the Racing Dynamics S.p.A. company.

FYI- the site above does not have the best prices ($308.75). For a better price go to www.********************************************************************.com ($292.50).

Last edited by bmussatti; 03-10-2006 at 04:54 AM.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:23 AM   #3

Hi,

Well, it's all very interesting, but Trademark and Copyright infringement is fairly easily litigated. It escapes me why they (Racing Dynamics S.p.A) would go to all the trouble of producing such a Web Warning when a simple Cease and Desist Order would suffice.

And, it takes Two to Tango and we're only hearing one side of the issue. Could it be that the US Company was first to register the names with the Federal Trade Commission? Sounds like a Corporate P*ssing Contest to me.

In any event, the Strut Tower Braces are not the stuff of complex engineering - a couple Brackets and a non-Compressible Bar. The Bar which is sold by Racing Dynamics and Paragon, whatever the source, still appears to be the best made and best fitting Bar out there and for a reasonable price. I don't think this Warning should dissuade anyone from using them. Let the Lawyers sort it out!...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 03-10-2006 at 05:26 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote