Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #1

My P0404 code is back help!!!! lol

Hi guys, I got a service code P0404 and it just went away before I could remedy the problem. Well the bugger has returned and now I think its starting to idle rough and harder than normal.

I do not know if its my imagination but I feel like when I slow down it wants to jump a little more forward than normal when I ease up on the brakes.

I know after reading all I can that its the egr valve that gets blocked with carbon and it sticks. What tools am I going to have to get to get the egr valve out for cleaning as I have not one car tool.

On a side note, what kind of damage is this doing to my car because sometimes I have no choice but to drive it.

polkfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #2
986 2.7

Sorry.... What car are you driving?

I'm pretty sure that there isn't an egr valve on the boxster, I thought egr was a diesel thing.

merlin 051 is offline   Reply With Quote