Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 11:47 AM   #1

Water in Air Cleaner Housing

Hello All!

I have a 1998 Porsche Boxster which I have owned for about 2 years now. The car has about 70k miles and looks beautiful! I love it! I had an issue earlier this year where I had a loss of power and engine misfires, which my mechanic told me was caused by water in the air cleaner housing.

This is my primary vehicle at the moment and I am often times forced to drive in adverse conditions (rain and occasionally snow). I've searched these forums quite a bit to see if anyone else has had this issue, and can't seem to find much.

My mechanic gave me the following PDF that details a Mod that can be made to mitigate the risk of driving in the rain http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/Speedytimzalez/2010-04-03_173002_061396.pdf

I'm relatively inexperienced with car modifications, and was wondering if this would be too big of a burden to take on. Has anyone done this mod, or found it to be useful? Is it even necessary? I feel like if I just avoid large puddles and wash my car carefully that this shouldnt be a major issue. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-13-2014, 09:30 AM   #2

Anyone happen to have any suggestions?

Tags
air cleaner , misfire