Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2006, 09:47 PM   #1

Talking Just beat an 05 Z4 and yes with a 98Box!!!

I live in PR, I was driving after going out thru #2 highway this guy in a Z4 pulls up next to me and starts talkinh crap about my porsche (98 Boxster STOCK). I said lets race. He then started to back offf. We stoppee at a lighto and heaven!!! I said lets go and he agreed. Green light...... flat six noise all the way to the end. I had more than 15 cars lenght(actually the guys car wasn't visible at 102mph. Just one question is this supposed to happen? It was a manual tranny no auto, and he floored it!!! We later met at a gas station and he had to stick his z4 somewhere not too fun...

Last edited by BoxsterRS; 02-16-2006 at 09:49 PM.
BoxsterRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:51 AM   #2

I don't think that guy knew how to drive. You must be the better shifter of the two but I have a 98 Boxster as well and It's quick but not faster then most of the modern cars.
hdpt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 05:53 AM   #3

I looked up the specs of the Z4 and its not that fast, and weighs much more than the boxster. I think it all came down to balance cause I can't say my car has that much hp.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:02 AM   #4

Wink

This is what www.europeancarmag.com had to say about the car!!!

"Besides, what's not to like, especially once you get behind the wheel. Our Z4 is powered by BMW's proven 2.5-liter six-cylinder engine, outputting 184 bhp at 6000 rpm and 175 lb-ft of torque at 3500 rpm. While that's not an enormous amount of power for a 2,976-lb car, it is more than sufficient when powering up onramps, passing slow-moving minivans and/or showing up overweight Mustangs.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:32 AM   #5

A 2.5 Z4 driver was talkin crap? That's just too funny.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterRS
I live in PR, I was driving after going out thru #2 highway this guy in a Z4 pulls up next to me and starts talkinh crap about my porsche (98 Boxster STOCK). I said lets race. He then started to back offf. We stoppee at a lighto and heaven!!! I said lets go and he agreed. Green light...... flat six noise all the way to the end. I had more than 15 cars lenght(actually the guys car wasn't visible at 102mph. Just one question is this supposed to happen? It was a manual tranny no auto, and he floored it!!! We later met at a gas station and he had to stick his z4 somewhere not too fun...
"So I'm driving through the number 2 haightway and I get this PUNK in a Boxster next to me. Of course he's jealous and starts talking smack. Well, we hit a green light and he floors it. I kept up easily but let him win. Later we met at a gas station where I pretended to eat some humble pie. I can't wait to meet up again and race for PINKS now that he thinks he can beat me. - Z4RVR"

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverpete
"So I'm driving through the number 2 haightway and I get this PUNK in a Boxster next to me. Of course he's jealous and starts talking smack. Well, we hit a green light and he floors it. I kept up easily but let him win. Later we met at a gas station where I pretended to eat some humble pie. I can't wait to meet up again and race for PINKS now that he thinks he can beat me. - Z4RVR"
lol...there is this college kid that has a 2.5L Z in my town. I can't wait to catch up with him this season so I can put the pain train on this ass.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:00 PM   #8

Thumbs up

Just come to PR and I'll show you what I'm talking about!!! Z4RVR (No punk, guy talked crap not me)
Old 02-17-2006, 02:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterRS
Just come to PR and I'll show you what I'm talking about!!! Z4RVR (No punk, guy talked crap not me)
You know I'm just pulling your leg right? There is no Z4RVR - well, actually there is but he's on a Z4 forum and I just "borrowed" his name.

Since there have been several threads about Boxsters versus Z4s I thought I'd check out a Z4 forum to see what they say. It's hysterical! And I mean that because you could take every single thread here and substitute Z4 and you'd have the same board. Threads about whether to buy a 2.5 or a 3.0 (standard versus S), superchargers, exhaust mods, "who would win" scenarios". It's great.

Oh and by the way - there are plenty of "I beat a Boxster today" stories over there.

Good times. Good times.

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 02:16 PM   #10

Quote:

Great post, DP. LMAO
Old 02-17-2006, 02:29 PM   #11

Thought the z4Rvr was real and I was using VP gas
Old 02-17-2006, 02:38 PM   #12

Quote:

Oh and by the way - there are plenty of "I beat a Boxster today" stories over there.

Good times. Good times.
I honestly hope those are 3.0L guys talking about beating base boxsters otherwise I have to raise the BS flag. 2.5L Z4 drivers shouldn't even be talking about kills unless it's about the camry they beat last week.

Last edited by Adam; 02-17-2006 at 02:42 PM.