986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   need help putting on rear spoiler on my boxster see (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/51058-need-help-putting-rear-spoiler-my-boxster-see.html)

johney 03-06-2014 11:23 PM

need help putting on rear spoiler on my boxster see

need help putting on my rear spoiler on my boxer if you could help me I would appreciate it here's what's I need help withI have a carbon fiber spoiler that has flat mounts but the trunk on the boxer /is a bit slanted I wanted to know if someone can help me figure out a way to make up the difference with the bracketslike putting something on the bottom of the straight part of the bracket so the spoiler can ride even at the top but yet flush on the bottom kind of like a shemey or make sumthing of some to mount under neet the spoiler brackets so the top could stay even if someone has done this on our know how to give me any tips please let me know my email is bttybp071@aol.com thanks for your help if someone nos something like hey go to Home Depot pick this up you could make something so stay flush

Steve Tinker 03-07-2014 12:00 AM

He's back...
Could this be MadMods II?
Nah, English precis is not good enough!

Could this be Johnny Danger in mufti sending secret messages from his safe house ??
Perhaps - he may have a stiletto heel in his rump as he types.....

rick3000 03-07-2014 12:10 AM

I am genuinely curious about 'johney' now. He keeps coming back despite being bashed in every thread, never seems to read the comments or post comments, always posts something somewhat boxster/car related, never takes the time to use legible english, and is very polite about it.

Either someone else on here has a second account they are trolling with to be both annoying and mildly amusing, or 'johney' is drunk.

Gary_d 03-07-2014 05:31 AM

The email address looks suspiciously like "betty boop"....

Bigsmoothlee 03-07-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johney (Post 389883)
need help putting on my rear spoiler on my boxer if you could help me I would appreciate it here's what's I need help withI have a carbon fiber spoiler that has flat mounts but the trunk on the boxer /is a bit slanted I wanted to know if someone can help me figure out a way to make up the difference with the bracketslike putting something on the bottom of the straight part of the bracket so the spoiler can ride even at the top but yet flush on the bottom kind of like a shemey or make sumthing of some to mount under neet the spoiler brackets so the top could stay even if someone has done this on our know how to give me any tips please let me know my email is bttybp071@aol.com thanks for your help if someone nos something like hey go to Home Depot pick this up you could make something so stay flush

. <-------- This is not a dirt spec on your screen, its called a period.
, <-------- This is a comma, used to join items in a list.

Jamesp 03-09-2014 06:07 AM

...and yet we continue to rise to the bait...

Slate 01 03-09-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

not sure what you are asking for unless you are asking for help putting a spoiler on the rear end of a boxster then i don't know how to help you now carbon fiber mounted to slanted surface is difficult brackets may be problem sumthing like that however a shemey shemey shemey cocoa puffs shemey shemey boxster so goo luck home depot or lowe's yes but staying flush may want to check in toilet repair isle:confused::confused::confused::barf:

woodsman 03-09-2014 12:10 PM

Ah yes, the flaw we call ARROGANCE. It's based on the false belief that we could, and are , superior to another. Proof positive how narrow-minded most humans are. Pity. In our unending quest to feel secure in a world we know so little about we grasp at any 'possible' chance that we are somehow, in charge and then can feel, on the numbing surface that most exist on, that we are not afraid and alone. Grow up retards- it's not too late. The wisdom you crave is deep within your shaking, desparate bones. In truth, we are all gifted in some areas and very poor in others. That is truth and wisdom folks. Now wake up sleepy heads and grow a little. First step? Humility. Good luck.

woodsman 03-09-2014 12:16 PM

I doubt that there is any real carbon fiber on your wing which makes it easier to work with. I hope you got it cheap because it could be a real PITA to attach. I suggest you post pics of it in the DIY section requesting help.

99 Boxcutter 09-08-2014 03:58 PM

Without reading this whole thread, are you looking for a Boxster spoiler installation and/or replacement video? Because I was considering making one.

BIGJake111 09-08-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Glad to see that you finally got your spoiler.... We are waiting for pics!

BIGJake111 09-08-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick3000 (Post 389887)
I am genuinely curious about 'johney' now. He keeps coming back despite being bashed in every thread, never seems to read the comments or post comments, always posts something somewhat boxster/car related, never takes the time to use legible english, and is very polite about it.

Either someone else on here has a second account they are trolling with to be both annoying and mildly amusing, or 'johney' is drunk.

Well he never comments or reads because he is busy replying to his stylish bittyboop email.