986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   Fabspeed secondary cat delete pipes (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/50984-fabspeed-secondary-cat-delete-pipes.html)

Slate 01 03-01-2014 07:37 AM

Fabspeed secondary cat delete pipes

Can someone give me a link to buying these fabspeed secondary cat delete pipes for a 2001 Boxster 2.7? I already ordered the M2 exhaust but can't find the pipes to go with them. Well actually I can but they want like $475 for them. I believe most members have said they have purchased these pipes between 170 to 200 dollars.

Help anyone, please:)

Porsche9 03-01-2014 08:31 AM

Try these Topspeed. They sell them for $200. Once installed let us know what you think of the results.

Top Speed Auto

Slate 01 03-01-2014 08:49 AM

Thanks, Will do. I don't think there is a difference between Top Speed and Fabspeed pipes, anyone care to comment on that?

Porsche9 03-01-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slate 01 (Post 389046)
Thanks, Will do. I don't think there is a difference between Top Speed and Fabspeed pipes, anyone care to comment on that?

Couple hundred bucks and topspeeds is maybe a little less shiny. Once it's installed who cares.

Slate 01 03-01-2014 09:25 AM

The shine on the bypass pipes isn't even an issue, I'm just interested in fitment to car and new M2 muffler.

Cosmetics underneath a car only counts on TV car auctions with that new underchasis camera they use.

Thanks for the input

Slate 01 03-03-2014 12:14 PM

Anyone have another source for

Topspeed Cat Delete Test Pipes.

I contacted the link that someone sent me in previous posts, but they won't have any for at least a month. Anyone know another source? I have a '01 Boxster with the Base 2.7L

Thanks

The French Dude 03-03-2014 04:33 PM

Had same answer from them... I asked for other sources but unfortunately it appear that is no other source !

Slate 01 03-03-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The French Dude (Post 389397)
Had same answer from them... I asked for other sources but unfortunately it appear that is no other source !

Yeah I tried to search out other sources and had no luck. I guess we wait a month.

Alfieg23 03-04-2014 02:23 PM

Unless they received and sold out another batch during the interim, I originally contacted them three months ago and was told there would be more available within a month. I called back after a month and was told the same thing. I have not called since.

Slate 01 03-04-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfieg23 (Post 389537)
Unless they received and sold out another batch during the interim, I originally contacted them three months ago and was told there would be more available within a month. I called back after a month and was told the same thing. I have not called since.

Not good to hear that. They took my name down and said they would call me when they arrived. I will post anything new when it happens or doesn't happen in a month.

Bigsmoothlee 03-05-2014 08:20 AM

This is the second time I went to order them and they were out of stock...

steved0x 03-05-2014 12:24 PM

Are these what we are talking about? It shows them as in-stock:
PORSCHE 986 BOXSTER 2.7L & 3.2L INCLUDING BOXSTER S 00-04 50MM BOLT ON CATS TEST PIPES TIG WELDING

It shows a couple of other types as out of stock, so I wonder how accurate the site is?

Steve

Slate 01 03-05-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steved0x (Post 389650)
Are these what we are talking about? It shows them as in-stock:
PORSCHE 986 BOXSTER 2.7L & 3.2L INCLUDING BOXSTER S 00-04 50MM BOLT ON CATS TEST PIPES TIG WELDING

It shows a couple of other types as out of stock, so I wonder how accurate the site is?

Steve

Thanks Steve, I just placed my order. I spoke to these knuckleheads on Monday and was specifically told these pipes were out of stock and would not be available for at least 30 days. Yeah I placed my order but I'm not too confident in this supplier. Just in case you have to deal with them, the knucklehead I spoke with was George.

Slate 01 03-06-2014 10:06 AM

Okay so here's the dope on those TopSpeed Cat Delete Pipes. I received this email this morning:

" Hi Sir!

I'm emailing you from Topspeed Pro 1 to inform you that the test pipes you ordered are backordered until mid to end of April.

As a courtesy to you, our customer, I would like to know whether you would like to hold your place with the order and have them shipped out in April or cancel and receive a full refund. You will receive a set of decals and a free license plate frame as always with your order.

Please reply at your earliest convenience. "

:ah::ah::ah::ah:

So bottom line, their site says they are in stock but the reality isn't so.

So I had them keep my money and keep my place in line. If you notice, the actually time for getting those pipes in stock is not 30 days but more like 45 to 60 days.

I will be hanging onto their emails should they fail to deliver as indicated. Beginning to wonder if I will actually get those things ever.

The French Dude 03-06-2014 11:15 AM

They have an Ebay shop, check out there, if they have i in stock they will sell it on Ebay.

steved0x 03-06-2014 11:35 AM

Sorry about that :)

Slate 01 05-16-2014 02:49 PM

Just an update regarding cat delete test pipes. For those interested, Top Speed has finally gotten their shipment in. I was just notified that my test pipes have shipped and will arrive next Wednesday. I bet you can guess what I will be doing on this Memorial Weekend.