Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2006, 03:42 PM   #1

obtaining '05 boxster lug wrench and jack

where are these available from and what features should they have? Also are other jacking accessories necessary?

bobincave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #2

Hi,

These are generally available on eBay, or try LA Porsche Dismantlers - www.laporsche.com , as a last resort, any Dealer can get this for you - $$$.

Here's half of what you need right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-Boxster-OEM-Tool-Kit-Councours-986-996_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQitemZ46050444 18QQrdZ1
Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 05:22 AM   #3

There is no wrench or jack with a 987.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Pants
There is no wrench or jack with a 987.
Hi,

Yes... You're correct, as usual. But, I presumed that the Lister wanted to do away with the Spray Goop and use a standard Spare w/ Jack and Tools...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:27 AM   #5

Or the Lister is looking at a car and thinks it is missing.

So, bobincave, what are you doing?
Old 01-22-2006, 10:44 AM   #6
olly986

toolpants
is the tyre dead after using the inflating kit, i guess it must be impossible to add air in a tyre that is full of goo, can you make sense into using this system over an ordinary spare wheel and wrench, i always found by the way the cross wrench to work very well and it is cheap to buy
Old 01-22-2006, 11:22 AM   #7

With the huge wheels being used the spare is going to be a thing of the past. Personally, I want an ordinary spare if possible because I had a gash once from a piece of metal and there is no way the goop would seal that. Also had a valve stem get cut and goop can't fix that. Plus if you are in the middle of nowhere, good luck waiting for a truck to show up. Then if your tire is not currently available....

The goop is cleaned out and the tire inspected to see if it can be patched (let's not get into the patch debate). Tire shops do not like that stuff inside a wheel because of the mess.

I have been waiting for Porsche to come out with a 987 spare tire retrofit kit, like they did for the Cayenne. So far nothing, but the parts are listed.

For you 987 owners gradyex on rennlist made his own kit for a 997, so you can do the same for a 987.

Last edited by Tool Pants; 01-25-2006 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:57 PM   #8
olly986

The goop is cleaned out and the tire inspected to see if it can be patched (let's not get into the patch debate). Tire shops do not like that stuff inside a wheel because of the mess.

I can imagine the stuff must be wicked to get rid of, it makes sense if they come up with a retro kit, will 987 owners be able to fit it in their front luggage compartment like on the 986