Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
2000 986 & 1972 914

Interior Lighting Issues & more....

Hello to all, I am new to the forum, my wife just picked up a 2000 Boxster and we are having a couple of interior electrical issues.

1. The door lights and windshield lights do not work.

2. The key fob light is turning on when we press to lock, however, nothing, no auto locks or auto open and I am thinking no anti theft alarm

Could this be just fuses, relays? Does the key need to be re-programed?

When we bought the car the seller said he put a new battery on it - do I have to program something?

Do not have the radio code, how do I get it?

thanks for any help.

martinef1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #2

Dealership will be able to get your radio code. I think there is a site online that can do it too, not 100% sure though.
check all fuses relays for functionality and corrosion.
the non locking/ key not communicating with the car could be a multitude of things, all the way to the M85 (iirc) box under the seat that contols EVERYTHING!

I would head to the stealership/ your favorite indie with a PTS2 reader. to get the radio code, and while there have them look at the issue with the alarm system. just dont let em fix it as at the Dship it will be stupid expensive haha
Good luck
Old 09-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #3

If the key remote isn't controlling anything on the car, then most likely it has lost it's programming. The ONLY way to reprogram it is if you have the original code that came with the key (16 digits if I remember correctly). They don't store the code anywhere, and it's not recoverable. If you don't have the code card, you're stuck buying a new remote, and then paying a dealer to set it up.
SolidWorks Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #4

Radio code can be found on renntech forum if I remember well. There is a sticky tread about it with information on how to get radio code. I got mine there and its working!

later
Chris

wawa is offline   Reply With Quote