986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   Canadian daytime running lights (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/48198-canadian-daytime-running-lights.html)

woodsman 09-04-2013 09:57 AM

Canadian daytime running lights

Does the marker lights come on after starting it or just the headlights? Anyone know where the daytime running lights' brain is?
Only the left fr and rr marker lights come on ( and litronics) after starting it and I've always assumed that there was a short preventing the right side from lighting but they do so when I use the light switch. Do I need a new Daytime Running Relay/ Brain????

BoxsterSteve 09-04-2013 02:41 PM

All my exterior lights power up with the DRL module in the car. The only function of the headlight switch is to turn on instrument panel lighting.
The DRL module is on the main relay panel, double size, one row above the roof relay.

j.fro 09-04-2013 03:21 PM

Just a bit off topic...for Canadian owners, when you hit the brights, do the regular lights turn off?

woodsman 09-04-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoxsterSteve (Post 361398)
All my exterior lights power up with the DRL module in the car. The only function of the headlight switch is to turn on instrument panel lighting.
The DRL module is on the main relay panel, double size, one row above the roof relay.

Was your car imported to the USA originally?
Even your tail lights come on?

chris97boxster 09-04-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j.fro (Post 361407)
Just a bit off topic...for Canadian owners, when you hit the brights, do the regular lights turn off?

When u click the high beams on ..the low beams turn off as do the fog lights if u had them on
Chris

j.fro 09-05-2013 01:08 AM

Nuts, that's what I thought. For US cars, when you hit the high beams, the lows stay on.
Any ideas on getting my Canadian lights to keep the lows on when the highs are on?
FWIW, when I pull the switch back to flash the highs, the lows do remain on..

woodsman 09-05-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j.fro (Post 361407)

my low beams stay on- fogs turn off- Canadian car, direct from Germany.

BoxsterSteve 09-07-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodsman (Post 361421)
Was your car imported to the USA originally?
Even your tail lights come on?

@woodsman:
Sorry for the late response. Yes, all exterior lights illuminate, as if I'd turned the headlight switch.
Mine is a Canadian spec car, originally sold at Pfaff in Toronto.

woodsman 09-08-2013 05:18 PM

al right thanks STEVE.