Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #1

ECU tuning via laptop program and obd2 port?

Now before I get a boat load of OMG-you-are-going-to-do-what Nazis, I'm a mechanical engineer and have turbo'd a couple of cars in my time.

I'm new to the boxster and P-car world and am looking to get a boxster in the near future. I really want to turbo a boxster but before I do I wanted to see if there are any ways to tune the ecu without having to get a new eprom, or chip from a tuner?

I recently came from the audi world with a twin turbo S4 that I could do trim level tweaks on the fuel, spark (lemmiwinks program) and even data log using a VAG com (audi diagnostic cable). Also I've done similar on Subarus via Cobb tuning tools. Are there such tools for p-cars?

A quick google search says turbo'ng a 986 boxster isn't new. TPC has an astronomically priced turbo kit, that I'm sure has a lot of r&d put into it. I'm sure I could put together a kit for a quarter of the price.

thanks in advance
Omar
readysetgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecu , flash , turbo