Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 04:33 AM   #1

CDR220, AUX requires CD in changer???

Hi guys,

I added a 2002 Turbo to the 2004 Boxster a few months ago and just got around to plugging in the cable in the back of the HU to replace the CD Changer cable. Read the instructions, all went well while the HU was out. Got it back in and then went into the menu and turned AUX "On" per instructions all over the internet.

But using the "S" button (source) I can toggle between CD, CDC, and FM, but AUX doesn't come up instead of CDC, as the instructions all say it should. When I put a CD in the first slot of the CDC, it now works perfectly (in other words, the iPhone plays as expected through the HU), which is fine, but the display still says CDC and Track 1.

I'm wondering why I can't get it to read AUX? I posted the same q in a thread on the subject in Rennlist 996 forum and all I got was a person saying they'd heard of that before and to search for it. Which I have for several days now.

Anyone know of this problem?

Thanks!

NoGaBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:17 AM   #2

Been a long time so I may not remember 100% correctly but...

I think in addition to turning ON the AUX function, or rather prior to, you also need to turn OFF the CDC function in the Source menu (since you did have CDC). CDC has precedence over AUX as I seem to recall thus why it's not showing. Try that and you should be good to go.

Good luck
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster View Post

I think in addition to turning ON the AUX function, or rather prior to, you also need to turn OFF the CDC function in the Source menu (since you did have CDC). CDC has precedence over AUX as I seem to recall thus why it's not showing. Try that and you should be good to go.

Good luck
Fantastic -- I didn't notice that in the menu before, but wasn't looking for it, as none of the instructions mentioned it. I'm out of town right now but will check it out this afternoon.

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster View Post

Good luck
Fantastic -- I didn't notice that in the menu before, but wasn't looking for it, as none of the instructions mentioned it. I'm out of town right now but will check it out this afternoon.

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #5

Like I said, it's been a while so my memory may be fuzzy. Also, make sure your CDC is completely out of the system (i.e. disconnect its power plug from behind too).
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #6

Okay, just checked the two menus (the main menu accessed by holding TP for 8 seconds, and the "User Menu" accessed by holding the down arrow button for 8 seconds) and there seems to be no CDC setting on either menu that can be toggled on and off.

Do you mean DC the power from the back of the CDC itself, or one of the plugs on the back of the HU?

Thanks,
Old 01-13-2019, 03:37 PM   #7

Did any of you fix this?
I seem to have the same problem.

Installed an AUX cable, but can't get sound through it.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:39 PM   #8

Push and hold the TP button for 8 sec. or until Becker 1 appears. Use the tuning knob to find AUX off. Turn AUX on using the appropriate button. Enjoy.

2008 Cayenne S (sold)
1989 Targa (sold)
morgal48 is offline   Reply With Quote