Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #1

Roof problem & Clamshell

Hi, I am new to the forum today and hope someone can help me. I have a 2001 986.

I had a cable to motor that operates the clamshell replaced today. I've got the car back with the new cable attached but there appears to a few issues that weren't present before.

1. I know he (the garage) removed the clamshell before he replaced the cable as it was jammed when I took it to them. Now I've got the car back, the alignment of the clamshell is not plush/inline with the rest of the cars body.

2. When the roof goes down there is a gap or 1or 2 inches between the side of the car and the roof in its down position. This used to be and should be plush tight against the car.

3. I went to put the roof back up and it stops a couple inches short of the top of the windshield and the roof latch cannot reach the top of the windshield to lock itself in place. It's about 1cm short.

4. with the roof down just behind the passenger seat head rest I can see some sort of of cable plugged in. There used to be a carpet cover covering this but I cannot see this.

Any thoughts or advise would be greatly appreciated. I am new to owning a Porsche and know very little about them.

trogoy is offline   Reply With Quote