Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #1

Wrapping up interior upgrade stage 1

New interior project. Not sure about the grey shifter. Still some finishing touches left for next weekend.

Attached Images

shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #2

Is that one of those eBay lid covers? If so can you post another pic? I have always wondered how they look. Great looking interior.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:44 AM   #3
Homeboy981

Garage
shadrach74, IMHO it might look good to match the shifter boot to the same color as console and e-brake handle. Just my $.02
Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #4

Yes, it's an ebay cover. The company goes by "autotrimming" on ebay, but is actually "Down South Vettes" out of Texas. They did my e-brake handle as well. I have about $130 in the console cover and ebrake handle with labor (I had a local shop due the console.

Sorry for the picture size, I attached from my iphone, and apparently it does not re-size the pics properly...

I'm going to order a boot for the shift boot in black and red and see how it looks. It's only $30.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #5

If you replace the shift boot, Ill buy the one you have with the silver horse shoe. The leather cover looks good. I was worried it wouldnt fit well. Is it held on by glue?

Last edited by Ckrikos; 04-29-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Ckrikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckrikos View Post
If you replace the shift boot, Ill buy the one you have with the silver horse shoe. The leather cover looks good. I was worried it wouldnt fit well. Is it held on by glue?
Yes, the cover is glued on just like the factory unit. I had it mounted by a professional. I would not have attempted the install myself. I'm a little disappointed in the stitching not being perfectly lined up, but it's not nearly as apparent to the eye as it is in photos...