Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #1

Cheaked my waterpump on 06 boxster S?

I have 90000 k (approx 55000 mls) and decided to cheak my water pump and belt for wear or leaks.Belt was perfect no cracks,pulled belt and spun water pump,spun smooth no noise or play or leaks.(WHEN COLD) but after running car(WHEN HOT) the pump has a small bit off play maybe 1/32',IS THAT NORMAL.Not looseing any coolent so decided to leave it alone.Thx

moresquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:37 AM   #2

My 2006 987S had about 50,000 on the clock last fall, when I replaced the WP and gasket, Serpt Belt, coolant and thermo. All preventive maintenance.

Regardless, your belt should be replaced. That one is more about years, not mileage.

Smart people, smarter then me, like Jake, JP and Charles, tell use to relplace the WP every 3-4 years, prior to failure.

Plus, I don't want an issue when I'm 200 miles away on my weekend country road sprints, with no cell phone coverage. It's never going to fail in the luxury of your garage or at your indy's shop. I take of the car, it takes care of me.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #3

how did the pump look when off,if you did it yourself.
moresquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #4

I changed my water pump last year. It had no play or leakage, but when I got it off, there where two broken vanes. Not the original pump, it had been change by a previous owner, so it was the third pump in 110,000 miles.
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by moresquirt View Post
how did the pump look when off,if you did it yourself.
I use an indy shop here in my area- Fischer Motors. Great people.

The water pump looks great. I'll sell it to you for $75 plus shipping. Let me know if you want it.

Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote