Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #1

Garage
air in abs system.

I seem to have some air in the ABS system on the 08 boxster S. I have bled with the motive bleeder and am getting no air out, but still have a soft spongy pedal that catches very low. I do not have access to a durametric which I understand is the required way of dealing with the problem. Is there any other way to address this problem, ie disabling the abs system with fuses, etc to get the air out or is a durametric the only solution? I intend to get a durametric, but am saving up for a pro model rather than the enthusiast so it will work on any number of porsches I may get in the future.
If anyone has another solution I would be grateful.

mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #2

If you have gotten air in the ABS/PSM system, you need to conduct a special flush/bleed while activating the ABS/PSM system. Durametric, PST II, or PIWIS are your only choices for this.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #3

Garage
That is what I was afraid of. Looks like I need to spring for thr durametric. Where can you find the procedure? are there directions on the durametric software or a DIY that explains the procedure clearly?
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #4

Durametric has the ability to make a variety of systems on the car function for testing purposes, calls them "drive links". Very easy to use