Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2005, 12:56 AM   #1

anyone have dimensions for spacers?

Guys i'm thinking of making a set of spacers for my 99 boxster. Luckily we have a family machine shop. As it stands I have a lot more time on my hands than money, so i'll be trying it myself. 2 questions, 1) outside diameter of spacer, 2) diameter of inside hole. I can get the bolt pattern myself. Oh yeah also has anyone ever tried pressing the small brass fittings off the lug bolts? I'd considered trimming these down on the opposite side of the tapered ends. Not sure this will work but it would keep me from buying $150 new lugs to size. I'm only looking at 5mm spacers hopefully it'll be a worth while project. Any experience, insight, or suggestions will be aprreciated.

Old 11-10-2005, 05:28 AM   #2

You know, swinging by your local Porsche dealership and asking the parts counter person if you can have a look at a set of 5mm spacers (if in stock) would probably allow you to do your own measurements.

I know my parts guy would be happy to do this for me if I asked and he had the time to do it. Just an idea.

BTW - If you figure out how to do it and you can fabricate them easily, I'd say you should be selling them on Ebay to fund your maintenance and upgrades for your Boxster!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:56 AM   #3

You can measure the inner/outer on the hub. Your spacer should match the hub diameters.

For the bolts, I believe the bolts need to go in a minimum of 7 threads. Check that for accuracy, but you may not have to do anything with the bolts.
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:04 PM   #4

Talking

I run 17mm H&R spacers all round on my 98 Boxster with standard 17" alloys. Looks awesome, but you probably needn't got that far. 15mm is plenty and fills out the front wheel arches nicely, and really pushes out the rear.
aglsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 08:45 PM   #5

It's a 5x120 mm bolt pattern, if that helps. My advice is buy em for $150. If they're not perfect you'll have wheel vibration or worse.

Chris C Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote