986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   supercharge for cheap (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/4145-supercharge-cheap.html)

olly986 11-02-2005 03:40 PM

supercharge for cheap

did anyone of you tried that supercharge system advertised at top of page, it sound very cheap but does it work?

Adam 11-02-2005 09:09 PM

I don't know but I usually follow the rule of thumb you get what you pay for.

bmussatti 11-03-2005 03:16 AM

I would hope that adverstisers and sponsors to the site/forum, have to meet some criteria, before they are allowed space.

Brucelee 11-03-2005 05:40 AM

I just checked our entire site and have not seen the ad you referred to. Can you help me out here?

:cheers:

gRed04 11-03-2005 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brucelee
I just checked our entire site and have not seen the ad you referred to. Can you help me out here?

It's one of the google ads that appear on the top of a thread.

Porschekid 11-03-2005 11:49 AM

Ah, not really any control over google ads. But by rule of thumb, those fake cheap "supercharger"/"turbocharger"s are a waste of what little money they cost.

olly986 11-03-2005 02:37 PM

Quote:

thats right it pops up in a deep blue box at top of every page and sells for 69 dollars, watch their site seems interesting as a concept but does it works?
no one as tried it yet?

Brucelee 11-03-2005 04:36 PM

The Google ads on our site "rotate" content all the time. We do not control those ads in any way, nor do we endorse the products featured in them.

bmussatti 11-03-2005 04:42 PM

Quote:

The Google ads on our site "rotate" content all the time. We do not control those ads in any way, nor do we endorse the products featured in them.

Richard, how do they get access then? Which products do get endorsed by the forum?

Brucelee 11-03-2005 06:29 PM

"Richard, how do they get access then? Which products do get endorsed by the forum?"

No products receive an "endorsement" from the owners of the forum. We have several paid advertisers, of which Google is one of them.

In the Google arrangement, they rotate various ads at random at their choosing.

The other advertisers sell various Porsche products.

trogdor 11-05-2005 12:11 AM

I'm pretty sure I've seen this thing on late night infomercials but called the vortex? Anyway I seem to also remember reading or seeing a consumer reports thing about it not doing a thing, maybe at the end of the magazine in their "hoax" section.

If it was that simple, every car would have it standard I think.

Brucelee 11-05-2005 05:35 AM

I have never seen any data that would substantiate the effectiveness of this "pretend" supercharger. Quality SC units are normally around $5K and up.

Caveat Emptor.