Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2004, 10:12 AM   #1
b0xt0La

Cleaning drain points

I found those pages on http://www.realtime.net/%7Erentner/ . It shows how you can clean the drain points by using something. Can anyone make out the device they are using?

Front drain points...

Last edited by Alienz; 03-24-2004 at 10:15 AM.
Alienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:14 AM   #2
b0xt0La

Rear drain points...
Alienz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:57 PM   #3

Can't tell from the shapes of them, but I take a suggestion from the way they have the arrows appearing at items "A" and "B":

- A is delivering something
- B is removing something: a vacuum/suction device?

As there is no reason to "suck out" air, A must be supplying water, which B cleans up if/as required?

Sherlock Holmes I'm not, but that's my shot. Have you tried emailing Skyler to ask? I presume he/she posted the info after having a reason to do the cleaning?
Old 09-29-2004, 09:55 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus Send a message via MSN to Shortbus Send a message via Yahoo to Shortbus
Did you ever find out what the heck they use to check these drains out? If I poor water on my driver side windsheild i see water coming out from under the door jamb, looks like it drains the water onto my kick plates, through the door jamb. Is that normal????
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:43 AM   #5

This is only a guess, as I have not actually looked at the drains in question.
It could be that "A" is some sort of compressed air delivery nozzle and that "B" is supposed to represent the pulling of a hose off a fitting, the fitting being that taped business.
I can't imagine that you are supposed to squirt any sort of fluid in there, as you are likely to end up having a bigger mess than you started with.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 01:44 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to balicollie
Oops

I was trying to clear some mud out of the drain on the driver's side (under the steering column) and I pushed the rubber surround through the hole in the sheet metal. I retrieved it from the ground beneath my car. I was able to remove the plastic drain tube from the wheel well. Here's my problem: how do I reinstall these items? I can't get the rubber back in (please refrain, I know it's a great setup).

balicollie is offline   Reply With Quote