Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2005, 07:41 PM   #1

Wink GHL exhaust installed! Well..... Resonance isn't THAT bad

I only drove about 30 minutes with the GHL exhaust. From 2400-2900 or so, there is a really loud sound - always referred to as resonance. For me, it's not that bad. First of, let me start by saying the sound is great in 1st gear, and in reverse (trust me, go backward, the sound is great :ah: ) Once you get to about 2400 rpm, u hear resonance, then past 3000 rpm, just great great great WOT sound. I donno how to describe it, but its nice!

By the way, if you cruise w/o stepping on the gas too hard, the sound is like the stock exhaust, only when you stomp on the gas you can really really really tell the difference. I also like it when I slow down, I could hear some burble burble sound. But when u first start rolling in 1st gear, the growl growl sound is nice

Yes, the resonance isn't nice to hear, but think of it as a 3 stages. When you start, it's growl growl growl... then resonance (if you go fast, it only last 1 second)... then you propel yourself into a very loud soundstage.

yellowbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:15 PM   #2

Any gain/loss in power that you notice?
nastyboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:29 PM   #3

I couldn't feel any loss. You can't expect any HP gain.

but the sound is nice though
yellowbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:31 PM   #4

my experience is improved throttle responce...and some horsepower gain.
jrdiesel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #5

Talking It's been 3 months and the GHL......................

still loving it. The sound has become throatier and I don't really notice the resonance now, as either it has toned down or I am use to it. I think both. Again, if you get a chance to have someone film a clip of it outside while taking off, you will really appreciate what it sounds like. I did this and believe me, the sound is much different on the outside to otherz ears. It is beautiful I think!!!!!

WillieB is offline   Reply With Quote