986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Performance and Technical Chat (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/)
-   -   Turbo kit for the boxster S (http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/3540-turbo-kit-boxster-s.html)

APS 08-28-2005 04:46 PM

Turbo kit for the boxster S

Hi guys,
Just registered to the community, so a big greetings for Australia!

I am just posting this thread, in regard to your thoughts on a bolt-on turbo kit for the Boxster S. Just after any feedback on this.

Glad to be part of the forum. :)

James.

-Air Power Systems
www.airpowersystems.com.au

Brucelee 08-28-2005 06:49 PM

Welcome aboard, Mate!

Suggest you do a search on Turbo and Supercharging.

:cheers:

APS 08-28-2005 11:06 PM

Yeh i've done a search and didn't find much info, just wondering what you guys thought of it, as we may produce a bolt-on kit in the near future and are just gauging some interest. It seems as though there is not much out there in the way of forced induction kits for the Boxster, so it may be a cheaper way to be as quick or quicker than the bigger brothers in the porsche family ;)

civic 08-29-2005 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APS
Yeh i've done a search and didn't find much info, just wondering what you guys thought of it, as we may produce a bolt-on kit in the near future and are just gauging some interest. It seems as though there is not much out there in the way of forced induction kits for the Boxster, so it may be a cheaper way to be as quick or quicker than the bigger brothers in the porsche family ;)

Yep do it i'd be very keen. In Canberra so not to far.... Charge like your WRX kits not like Porsche and i'd be even keener. :cheers:

Brucelee 08-29-2005 06:37 AM

I am sure there is interest here with three questions (at least) to be answered:

1-Will my engine scatter to the four corners of the earth once I install your turbo charger? If not, why not?

2-How much will this cost? Do I have to mortgage the house?

3-How drivable will my Box be? This engine was not designed for a Turbo, so how will the software handle everday driving?

I am sure there are more questions but this is a start.
:cheers:

Biz-z Z 08-29-2005 08:38 AM

Here are a few more:

4) will it fit my Boxy (987-S) ?

5) is it "plug and play" or will there be endless tuning involved?

6) torque ? RWHP?

KRZTACO 08-29-2005 10:52 AM

If you can keep the price point around $3,000 I would definitely be interested for my 2000 Boxster S

Keys to sucess:

1) Ease of installation
2) Plug and Play ECU software
3) Durability for Porsche internals

Sounds cool.

KRZ

ljd-924se 08-29-2005 02:48 PM

Here's a kit

Bauer Boxster Turbo Kit

BTW, I'm strongly opposed to any form of forced induction in a high compression engine.

Adam 08-29-2005 03:26 PM

TTP also makes a turbo kit for the box s. It costs something like 20,000 dollars. Insane.

Richard Truss 08-29-2005 08:46 PM

50 horses for this kit? 996 power it may be, but honestly that is pretty horrible in the ponies per dollar catagory. I am all for more power, but i have to be honest -- i rarely get to stretch the legs of my box, and it has yet to unimpress me with power.

for me, hardwood floors and a plasma screen come way before even the smallest engine upgrade. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljd-924se
Bauer Boxster Turbo Kit

BTW, I'm strongly opposed to any form of forced induction in a high compression engine.

boxsterboi118 08-30-2005 05:21 PM

Howdy felles from Houston TX,.... Iwas Just posting to Tell you guys that a turbo Boxster is very likely and that We are working on a custom turbokit for my 01 boxster non S I wish I had the S... but thats all I could afford.... anyways I'll start a thread as soon as I get some pics goin.... feel free to e-mail me or PM me

TOM986 08-30-2005 09:52 PM

turbo Boxster

Anyone that puts one on a Boxster had better plan on keeping the car forever. I don't think there are many people that would buy a Porsche that had one that was not put on by the mfr

mnavarro 10-30-2006 04:19 PM

If they make one this will be one of best kits out there and good value. Please make one APS. I'm a loyal customer with aps parts on my subaru! Let me evaluate a prototype of this kit!

Quote:

Originally Posted by APS
Hi guys,
Just registered to the community, so a big greetings for Australia!

I am just posting this thread, in regard to your thoughts on a bolt-on turbo kit for the Boxster S. Just after any feedback on this.

Glad to be part of the forum. :)

James.

-Air Power Systems
www.airpowersystems.com.au

986_inquiry 12-23-2006 12:11 AM

whatever happened to this?!?

I've always heard great things about APS, especially after coming out with their 1,000 hp 350Z kit.

Did they ever make a reliable 2.5/2.7 kit or did they blow up too many Porsche engines and finally call it quits? Because they posted this over a year ago and they still don't offer anything Porsche on their site.

dmcutter 12-23-2006 05:09 AM

Turbowerx

I've been talking with Marc at Turbowerx; his 3.2 kit is supposed to be out in the spring. He said 40-45% power increase, reflashed ECU, 8 hr installation time and somewhere in the neighborhood of $6500. Sounds very promising to me.

Bavarian Motorist 12-24-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljd-924se
Bauer Boxster Turbo Kit

That's for 986, right?

europwr 12-31-2006 02:04 PM

ATTENTION ALL!!!!

Do not go to Bauer Performance!

I personally went through hell with them and would not suggest going to them at all. They're turbo kit is a homemade kit...slapped together with a bunch of old used things.

I hate to flame people but I felt like this community should know.