Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 04:19 AM   #1

Capristo exhaust?

I did a quick search on the forum and didn't find much discussion about Capristo. I only found one forum member has ordered one. I happened to find this video on youtube: Cayman Exhaust Shoot-Out Croctoberfest 2008 - YouTube of various exhausts on Caymans and the Capristo one sounded the best (you can hear it approx 6 mins into the video). You can also hear it here on an 987: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxa3buSmon0. Sounds Amazing to me! I like loud exhausts! Any thoughts on these? I have been thinking about getting an exhaust lately and up until now I was ready to buy a GHL one but not sure now. Then again, I saw some of the basic price tags on them 3k+. Expensive! See a link here at vividracing: http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/capristo-high-performance-back-valved-exhaust-system-porsche-boxster-9608-p-151732.html. I guess that's why most won't buy them. Thought I'd share the video anyway.

19" MHT Rims
Evo Intake, De-Snorkeled

Last edited by CVstarBoxster; 04-23-2012 at 05:07 AM.
CVstarBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:01 AM   #2

Garage
The Capristo is a beautifully made exhaust . However, at $3800, that's as much as 40 to 50 percent of the value of a used boxster for some people .
Old 04-23-2012, 05:10 AM   #3

I know what you mean, JD! With 5k in hands right now, I'd pull the trigger one without second thoughts! I wish I had JD kind of money! lol How ironic, I actually do have JD as in Juris Doctorate lol ... I guess I'll settle for the GHL for now! But, this is my new dream: I will have CAPRISTO in my life one day! May be not on this boxster, but one day!
19" MHT Rims
Evo Intake, De-Snorkeled

Last edited by CVstarBoxster; 04-23-2012 at 05:14 AM.
CVstarBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:30 AM   #4

Yea for that amount of money I rather spend it on a set of Fabspeed headers & exhaust... if nothing you're guaranteed to make more power rather than just sounding good...
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:37 AM   #5

Garage
Please, Davie Crockett is a wealthier man than me ! Anyway, if you like the Capristo, then you would love the M&M valve control system as well .
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVstarBoxster View Post
I know what you mean, JD! With 5k in hands right now, I'd pull the trigger one without second thoughts! I wish I had JD kind of money! lol How ironic, I actually do have JD as in Juris Doctorate lol ... I guess I'll settle for the GHL for now! But, this is my new dream: I will have CAPRISTO in my life one day! May be not on this boxster, but one day!
I want to help you all I can, so $150 for your old S muffler shipped to CA ?
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #7

capristo is a little different than the others. it is designed to bypass most of the muffler at higher rpm ranges. similar to the resonance flap on your intake opening so that more air can move when the cams roll over, the capristo maintains back pressure via the muffler at lower rpm then opens it up as revs increase. hence the big $. this is the same as the 'porsche sport exhaust' (pse) which you can often find used for less than capristo. maxspeed also make a system, but it is either open or closed and doesn't respond to rpm. all systems rely on vacuum valves and elec signals, etc., and, apparently, are prone to failure.

ps, oddly enough, porsche does not claim a hp gain with their pse (just better sound) so there is some sort of disconnect between internet theory and reality. hard to believe.

Last edited by The Radium King; 04-23-2012 at 01:27 PM.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote