Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 09:34 AM   #1

P0154 p1115 p1119 CEL codes, help?

Hey all!

Well, i removed the driver side catalytic converter and mid pipe this weekend, as i thought i heard a crack or hole. The exhaust sounded like a tiny, tiny leak. I examined the welds and found a small crack. I welded the hole shut, checked the integrity of the piece and put it back on. I now have the following codes flipping my CEL on: p0154 p1115 p1119. After some research on here and rennlist, p1115 is the pre cat 02 sensor on drivers side, p1119 is the pre cat 02 sensor on passenger side, and p0154 is interruption of signal on pre cat 02 passenger side? Double check that...

So, if the definition of the codes i listed before are correct, my pre cat 02 sensors on both sides are bad? So, it couldn't be any sort of problem from me removing the mid pipe and sealing a small crack? If it still had air flowing into/out of crack, would it cause this problem? I did remove the 02 sensors when doing the work on it. BTW, all 02 connections are good. Any wiring i should look into?

Info on my car: 98k miles on 97 boxster 2.5. Intake, s exhaust, headers.

Any help is appreciated as ALWAYS. You guys all really rock, thanks!

anti-bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #2

Probably wiring.

The P0154 says it can be wiring harness, sensor, ECM. But since you also have two codes, it points to something common to both sides or the end stage of the ECM.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #3

Well, I took both the sensors off the drivers side mid pipe and switched them. No CEL after 40 miles...before when I'd turn it off it would come back within 5 miles.

anti-bling is offline   Reply With Quote